Congrats to the NL | The Boneyard

Congrats to the NL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Major League Baseball's "AAA" conference wins another World Series.
8 of the last 15
6 of the last 9
4 of the last 5
I guess the AL fans can rest on those interleague stats where the AL "dominates" the NL.

Reaction Score
I always thought people rooted for teams not leagues? Are there AL fans?

Fans of bad teams that have to brag about their league cause their own team is so bad are the saddest (see Friars, Providence).

Reaction Score

Fans of bad teams that have to brag about their league cause their own team is so bad are the saddest (see Friars, Providence).
Actually, back in the day, there was a lot of discussion about AL vs NL and many would root for their league when their team didn't make the playoffs. Now, with expansion and teams moving from one league to the other (Houston, Milwaukee) not so much.

Reaction Score

There has been plenty of talk here on this board over the years how a pitcher can just go to the NL and put up much better stats because the NL is weaker than the AL and the hitters are so much worse there with no DH and pitchers batting. They also have pointed to the huge disparity in W/L during interleague play.

When the champagne is popped, the NL has been the league popping it recently. For whatever that's worth.

Reaction Score
There has been plenty of talk here on this board over the years how a pitcher can just go to the NL and put up much better stats because the NL is weaker than the AL and the hitters are so much worse there with no DH and pitchers batting. They also have pointed to the huge disparity in W/L during interleague play.

When the champagne is popped, the NL has been the league popping it recently. For whatever that's worth.
Probably worth as much as it meant to the Eastern Conference when the Heat won the title 2 of the last 3 years, nothing. The West is still miles ahead.

The AAC is not the best conference in basketball. The ACC was not the best in football.

Trying to claim a conference, league, or division is the best cause 1 team had success is a terrible argument.

Reaction Score
Nah he's right. We've hammered him as a Mets fan but ultimately we've made fun of the NL while doing so, not indirectly either. They're best are beating our best consistently so reality is our argument which seemed to be strong has lost it's momentum with results like this, like it or not.

Reaction Score
Looking at one series, particularly one that went to seven games, and judging a league, especially, when there is a season full of other results and statistics that state the opposite, is silly.

The only thing I got out of this series is Bumgarner is awesome, and "big" game Shields is a fraud.

Reaction Score
Major League Baseball's "AAA" conference wins another World Series.
8 of the last 15
6 of the last 9
4 of the last 5
I guess the AL fans can rest on those interleague stats where the AL "dominates" the NL.

You do realize that 8 out of 15 is effectively equivalent to 50%, right ? And that if the NL has won 4 of 5 that the AL therefore won 6 of the previous 10 ? I know math is hard, but then, you brought it up

Reaction Score
The NL was real weak for a stretch there but is has come back. No question about it.

I do think the AL is much tougher hitter wise and it is not debatable is is easier to pitch in the NL where you don't face the DH but as a league....it has improved a lot with several good teams.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The only thing I got out of this series is Bumgarner is awesome, and "big" game Shields is a fraud.

In addition to his pitching, it's worth noting that there were 27 players in MLB who had at least 100 plate appearances as a DH. Bumgarner had a higher OPS than half of them (.258BA/.736 OPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom