Congrats to Ollie on his first NCAA win! | The Boneyard

Congrats to Ollie on his first NCAA win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm confused, are we not firing him just because he won one tournament game? Sarcasm

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
First UCONN NCAA tournament win without Jim Calhoun since 1976
Seems like Calhoun has missed one or two early round games due to health issues, no?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Good job coach. It feels good again to be playing AND winning in March!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
in 99 against 16 seed UTSA Leito coached that one, and 09 against 16 seed UT Chattanooga Blaney coached that one
Hmm, so what you're saying is that after 1980, every year that UConn won its round of 64 game with someone other than Calhoun as coach we went to the final four? I'll take that.....

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Way to go, KO~! Or should I say, Kevin Oliver???

Reaction Score
Great way to get it, too - Martelli is like an old Jedi out there. Ollie didn't just throw his guys out there and let them play, Calipari-style. He coached them to this one.

Great win.

That in bounds play at the end of regulation was awesome. Bazz had a wide open shot with at least 1.5 seconds to get it off. Not sure why he took a runner when he obviously could have pulled up for a jumper but I was extremely impressed by that play. I'd almost venture to say he could have taken another step or two in for a little floater in the lane. Regardless, what an awesome play by KO. Raff gave him a lot of credit for that.

Reaction Score
Kevin Oliver just doubled his NCAA tourney win total. Wow, that was incredibly fast. I hope he can double it again next weekend.

Reaction Score
Its been said many times before but its also something that should be repeated time and time again.....................Kevin Ollie, was the best, and probably only person who could replace Coach Calhoun with such grace and success. It just isn't about X's and O's. Ollie is an exceptional person and his attitude and character trickled down to this entire team. I really couldn't imagine anyone navigating this university through these past two years any better and that should never be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom