Congrats to Kiah Stokes... | The Boneyard

Congrats to Kiah Stokes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First triple-double of her career - 10 points, 10 blocks, 11 rebounds.[edit]

I know Dolson had a triple-double with assists, but has any UCONN player ever had the kind of T-D Stokes just churned out? Good for her! I love watching her play - she's such a monster on defense!!

Totally awesome and a great reason to enjoy the game all the way to the end!

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought the rebound total was 11 for Kiah...
At the time I posted it, even after the game, it only showed 10. BUT... far be it for us to take away anything from her - ESPN now shows 11 rebounds!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the 3 other triple-doubles involved assists, not blocks.

Did Kiah just improve her draft status?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
I think the 3 other triple-doubles involved assists, not blocks. Did Kiah just improve her draft status?
I mean, if you want your opponents to score fewer points, you'd want Kiah on your squad. Right?

Kiah deserves all-defensive team recognition this season, even off the bench, even given what she supposedly doesn't get (which I disagree with). She's a player and an asset. End of story.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I mean, if you want your opponents to score fewer points, you'd want Kiah on your squad. Right?

Kiah deserves all-defensive team recognition this season, even off the bench, even given what she supposedly doesn't get (which I disagree with). She's a player and an asset. End of story.
Last year, Stef was the national DPOY. I thought Kiah was a better defender, though she did play fewer minutes.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
Yes indeed. Congrats, Kiah!!! It was awesome watching the bench react on that first try down the court. This is going to be a special year no matter what happens. Great job, Kiah
youre right JB. After all she's endured no one can ever take this away from her, Congrats Kiah you deserve a little piece of Uconn history......now keep going! No need to stop here. We all know there's more where that came from!

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Kiah is fun to watch... remindws me a little of Kelly Shumacher. It's nice to have something to root for in these blowout games other than the walk-ons scoring a basket or UConn breaking 100.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Kiah. Not to derail the thread but the assist (for the triple double) came from Briana Pulido, who by the way, has shown decent improvement her last few games, and was looking to make the pass to reward her teammate. Great job by all.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Her performance against ND was more impressive, IMHO -- but this was great. Don't think she missed any bunnies tonight like she is prone to do from time to time. Happy for this kid!

Reaction Score
Everyone knew that the triple was available with one more basket, and it was obvious that Kiah wanted it. Polido's pass to her, given Kiah had 3 players draped all over her, was made as a last low percentage attempt to get Kiah a chance. Kiah grabbed the ball with only one thought in mind. The ball is going in the basket! That basket was a breakthrough. A high pressure shot without self doubt of her offensive ability. I believe she will internalize the feeling that successful shot produced. It could be the trigger for a new offensive mindset for Kiah. It came at just the right time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Each season is different. This year, we welcomed Kia, Gabby, and Courtney, plus Natalie in a different capacity. We also see the last games from Kiah and Kaleena. I hope they go out "the right way"--with a championship and individual accolades. Both have given us a lot over 3-1/2 seasons. I hope their best basketball comes in the last half of their final season at UConn.

T

TroyHouse66

MilHusk:
<<I think the 3 other triple-doubles involved assists, not blocks.>>
If one's looking at the World through Geno-colored glasses...
"Well, that's just something she'll have to work on.. Isn't it?"
----------------------------------------------------
Seriously folks...
A marvelous night for the soft-spoken Center of power!
We hope she enjoyed the experience of being the Center of attention...
(... and this taste of blood!)
I'll always remember the proud day she was "The Grinder", who ground down the Griner, for the win against Baylor.

Reaction Score
I swear this team is so good every woman on this team has there own role and gaining confident each game adding other aspects to there game. Kiah not just rebounding and blocking but scoring tonight. Look at Saniya being more aggressive and working hard on D than Gabby Williams showing her jumping ability off the stuck ball Mojeff missed. Also 2 walk-ons playing the most minutes of there career. Just wished Sadie would of stuck it out.

Reaction Score
I think the 3 other triple-doubles involved assists, not blocks.

Did Kiah just improve her draft status?
Not only that, but no UConn player had ever gotten 10 blocks, period. (or at least, gotten credited with 10 blocks in the box score)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom