Congrats Guys. | The Boneyard

Congrats Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UK fan here. I created an account here just to say how much I hate you all now. Not only did you knock us out of the '11 final four but now you had to go do it again with the '14 Title. My hate for you is well earned but so is the respect. This year easily ranks as one of my favorite tournaments of all time and to say it was entertaining is an understatement. After you all manhandled Florida I knew both teams weren't a fluke and it would be a tough game that didn't disappoint. I'll always wonder what could have been had we had WCS but I'm not making excuses since Dakari did just fine taking over the starting role. I'm sure you guys often wonder as well what might have been in '09 had Dyson not gone down before the tournament. UCONN simply played better last night and that's all that can be said.

Anyway Congrats on #4 and welcome to the elite, enjoy this championship and may you lose to UK every time we share the hardwood.

Reaction Score
Thank you………hate your coach but respect the program! Classy post

Reaction Score
Welcome to the elite........pound sand.

It also irritates me when people say they're not making excuses and then 100% of the time follow that up with excuses.

Other than that......it's an ok post.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now this is how you congratulate a fanbase. Classy, honest, and p1ssed off. Well done jmike, I'm sure we will meet again in future Final 4s.

Reaction Score
You heard their coach right? Excuses come with the territory at least he/she had the nut sack to come over here…...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I don't know, personally I kinda like Coach Cal, think he gets a raw deal sometimes, much like our own Jimmy C when he was dominating the sport.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not really making excuses though, I don't think having WCS would have changed the outcome of the game. Again Dakari did just fine. As a fan though it's always going to be fun(or agonizing) though to imagine "what might have been". I didn't expect to lose last night but I will admit one thing caused me concern more than anything including how fast you guys were. When I watched the Florida game there was something you could see oozing from UCONN and that was hunger. I'm sure much of the motivation for it came from being on probation and I'm not sure how to explain it anyway other than that. In the Fla game there was simply this aura you all had that just radiated the fact you wanted it more than the other team. I'm not saying UK wasn't hungry and didn't want that title more than anything else but there was something there, especially with Bazz.

I agree Sammy, I'll admit to often being a Calhoun hater for no apparent reason other than it was easy just like it's easy for everyone to hate on Cal. Even though Cal didn't control Camby taking money from an agent and didn't have anything to do with someone else taking a test for Rose it's still 2 Final Fours that were vacated under his watch and he'll never be able to escape it. I'd like to think of all the programs in the country UCONN can relate to what it's like for UK fans in things like this because for some reason you all seem to have a target on your back as well, last year being the prime example. Getting put on probation for academics all while watching the UNC academic scandal unfold and ignored had to be nerve wracking. Apparently if you do it the right way and your APR takes a dive, you get in trouble but if you cheat the system to where your APR never has a chance to fall all is ok.

Man time flies. It didn't register with me until last night that DeAndre will be a senior. It seems like just yesterday I was following his recruitment and hoping he signed with UK. Anyway back to to work for me, having to make up for taking the morning off so I could recover from last night.

Reaction Score
I don't see it as an excuse. I do sometimes wonder about Dyson being healthy. And I'd be lying if I didn't consider whether UConn would have won if UK had WCS. I still think they would have but it's hard to know. With Randle, Harrisons and Young in there all the time, only one of WCS, Pythress and Dakari are going to play, so it's hard to know what the difference is.

As for what was said about APR, I think the metric was created to help programs with a lot of one and dones. You simply can't matriculate toward a degree in a major in 1 or 2 seasons. So, UConn may have thrown in the towel by doing what a lot of schools do, intersession courses which are good for electives but they won't advance you toward a degree much. APR scores have skyrocketed. Lesson learned. Public relations says Uconn academics have improved for athletes. The reality is probably otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom