American Athletic
Big 12​
The following have just one:
ACC
Atlantic 10
Mountain West​

The Big East has zero.

I guess we're not so bad after all.

According to the Sagarin ratings, Uconn is now #18 and should be a one point underdog to Iowa State on a neutral court. However, Uconn fans have a chance to make MSG a home game for us, making us a two point favorite. Is it up to us?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The following conferences have three representatives in the Sweet 16:
Big 10
Pac 12
SEC​
The following have two:
American Athletic
Big 12​
ACC
Atlantic 10
Mountain West​

The Big East has zero.

I guess were not so bad after all.

According to the Sagarin ratings, Uconn is now #18 and should be a one point underdog to Iowa State on a neutral court. However, Uconn fans have a chance to make MSG a home game for us, making us a two point favorite. Is it up to us?

people will argue that you can flip the AAC down to one and ACC up to two due to Louisville.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
However, Uconn fans have a chance to make MSG a home game for us, making us a two point favorite. Is it up to us?

It's up to us.

I'm sure everyone that has paid the extra cash would not mind if it helps the team with those extra couple of points (via missed free throw or two from ISU, missed shots at crunch time, energy from the Huskies on defense, etc). And especially if the game will be decided by several points, we can make a difference.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
people will argue that you can flip the AAC down to one and ACC up to two due to Louisville.

But you would need a time machine that can go forward one year to do that.

And who would wasted a time machine trip for that?

Reaction Score
The following conferences have three representatives in the Sweet 16:
Big 10
Pac 12
SEC​
The following have two:
American Athletic
Big 12​
ACC
Atlantic 10
Mountain West​

The Big East has zero.

I guess were not so bad after all.

Does the tournament really determine conference power? Is the SEC better then expected because Tennessee beat three average to crappy teams? is the AAC better than expected or do they have 2-3 alpha males?

Keep in mind the Big 10, ACC, Pac 12 and SEC all have 12+ teams

Reaction Score
Well one thing is for sure The American has separated themselves from the other mid majors as long as The American have UConn they will have a title contender.

Reaction Score
Does the tournament really determine conference power? Is the SEC better then expected because Tennessee beat three average to crappy teams? is the AAC better than expected or do they have 2-3 alpha males?

Keep in mind the Big 10, ACC, Pac 12 and SEC all have 12+ teams
This is totally right. The SEC was terrible...but they had 1 great team, 1 talented but inconsistent team, and 1 Tennessee.

The AAC had 5 really good team, and 5 teams that would finish last in every other major conference.

Reaction Score
But you would need a time machine that can go forward one year to do that.

And who would wasted a time machine trip for that?

I'm just anticipating what the nitwit H8ters will say

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
There is some serious crap at the bottom of our league, but not 5 teams that would finish last in the SEC or PAC-12. You can't say that Houston is worse than Mississippi State, South Carolina, Washington State or USC.

Reaction Score
We don't know what the future will hold. Last year when we found out about the demise if the Big East, I am sure that many would have predicted big things for the ACC following their raid and taking in the "cream" of the Big East in Syracuse, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh. And the New Big East grabbing off virtually all that was left. One year later, guess how many of those teams are in the Sweet 16? How about zero. In my head I am singing the old Peter Paul and Mary song but I am changing one word, "Where have all the traitors gone?"
Let me boldly predict that next year, SMU will be better than Louisville and Uconn 2014/2015 will be better than Uconn 2013/2014.

Reaction Score
There is some serious crap at the bottom of our league, but not 5 teams that would finish last in the SEC or PAC-12. You can't say that Houston is worse than Mississippi State, South Carolina, Washington State or USC.
Agree, the middle and bottom of the SEC is pathetic. AS a Big 12 fan, I love seeing aTm and Mizzou sucking it up in basketball. They sold their soul and are paying in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom