Conference situation bonus | The Boneyard

Conference situation bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Assuming Maryland/Rutgers going to the Big 10 is true.... unless things move quite quickly and UConn gets an ACC invitation before the end of the year they have to bring P back.

Not that I think they are firing him anyway - but you can't try and hire a coach with this nonsense swirling around the athletic department.

Reaction Score
Assuming Maryland/Rutgers going to the Big 10 is true.... unless things move quite quickly and UConn gets an ACC invitation before the end of the year they have to bring P back.

Not that I think they are firing him anyway - but you can't try and hire a coach with this nonsense swirling around the athletic department.

I don't think I agree with that. If you pay the Kent State $1.2M and put him in even a new CUSA, that is more money, and more big time, than where he is now. By a lot.

Reaction Score
It's already been stated by the ad he is coming back. If we r lucky it won't be with gdl. U know we may have acc by the balls so I would utilize out leverage for buyout fees and maybe offer like 15 mil to play acc next year

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think I agree with that. If you pay the Kent State $1.2M and put him in even a new CUSA, that is more money, and more big time, than where he is now. By a lot.

I didn't mean it just from the point of being attractive to a coach. The resources they will be expending as an organization trying to improve the conference situation will make the addition of a coach search difficult. They are better off focusing on one thing at a time.

I do think if UConn and another school land on the same prospect though and they have a firm affiliation you are beat.

How about if you know more about the situation than us? If you are the admin and confident you'll have a better home soon - why postpone the search? Looks fair giving P 3 years - maybe he has some magic in that old top hat he found, and you can hire from a position of relative strength if you have the affiliation locked down.

Reaction Score
It's already been stated by the ad he is coming back. If we r lucky it won't be with gdl. U know we may have acc by the balls so I would utilize out leverage for buyout fees and maybe offer like 15 mil to play acc next year

Because everything that everyone says is true?

Reaction Score
Sandusky, please show me where the AD said PP is coming back...

Reaction Score
Sandusky, please show me where the AD said PP is coming back...
How about If he is still here next year u change your name to Sandusky. Want to make that bet? Do u always insult people who u don't agree with. Is your self esteem that low?

Reaction Score
How about If he is still here next year u change your name to Sandusky. Want to make that bet? Do u always insult people who u don't agree with. Is your self esteem that low?
Ok, I will stop calling you Sandusky if you can show me a source where Warde said PP is coming back.

Reaction Score
Ok, I will stop calling you Sandusky if you can show me a source where Warde said PP is coming back.
Just make the bet and I want a mod to witness it !! And don't be a weasel and join Under a different username.

Reaction Score

You absolutely could. And I bet we'll be a more appealing opportunity as a result.

We're still in the Big Least next season regardless. Fresh start time.

Reaction Score
Just make the bet and I want a mod to witness it !! And don't be a weasel and join Under a different username.
I will honor your bet if you can answer my original question to the first statement you made. And if you do come up with a source, I will call you Sandoushe instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom