Condition of the Rent (?) | The Boneyard

Condition of the Rent (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I was reading in another thread that the Rent is "showing its age". I find this surprising. The Rent had the same architect that SMU hired in building Gerald J. Ford Stadium in 2000, and Ford still looks brand new.

I've not been there since 2007, so I don't know what the current situation is. Does the Rent look older than it is? Does it need work?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nah. Looks better than ever really, especially with the HD video board.

Reaction Score
It really looks fine. New video board and ribbon board. Updated concessions. Could a couple things be tweaked or polished? Of course but I saw that comment too and though it misplaced

Reaction Score
Most major college football stadiums are outdated by NFL standards. Never been to the Rent, but it looks nice on TV. Doesn't US Soccer play there every 2 years or so?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I did notice that a few seatbacks were broken, I wonder if they have a normal replacement and maintenance schedule.

Bird poop, do we have a bird poop rating from this year yet? Was an issue last year...

Reaction Score
Something that can dress it up a little is to replace the blue screening material on the top fence that surrounds the upper decks. It was there a couple of years ago. The Rent is fine.

Reaction Score
It looked fine to me on Saturday. The jumbotron was gorgeous, the ribbon board looked great, definitely loved all the new concessions (looks delicious even if they're over priced) and it was my first time seeing the Jasper Howard Memorial in person. It looks even better in person than it did on TV and it really hit me in the feels

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
See no surface issues at all. Just the usual fade of color with the drink holders but really.....who is looking down at the games?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Did you attend any of the home games last year? I was looking down 3/4 of the season.
Been to every home game since 2001 except for 1 and I suppose technically, I was looking down and across since I am in the 13th row of the uppers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I love the way it's constructed with the fans right on top of the field. Once this thing is expanded after a P5 invite, it will be one of the louder stadiums in whatever conference we end up in. :)

Reaction Score
It really is underrated. Excellent stadium with awesome sight lines regardless of where you are sitting. Tailgating is awesome around the stadium as well. Great game day atmosphere when it is full.

Tailgating is awesome, but I want to be able to go the night before or the Thursday before with an RV and camp at the stadium for the ultimate tailgate.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's a college stadium, not NFL. The entire structure can fit in the lower bowl of an NFL venue. It's an unfair comparison. The only thing the stadium truly needs are security guards with common sense and a tweak of outside-venue policy. I could take or leave almost everything mentioned above, but the venue itself is fairly pleasant. Of course more wins are preferred, but Stadium Management has no control over that.

Reaction Score
image.jpg
Best stadium in football

The Rent is a great stadium but having attended the UCONN game at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium in Greenville, I came away quite impressed with the facility. It is one of the nicest stadiums I have been to. 50k capacity at present. The Rent is right up there but I would give the nod to ECU's home. I also went to Yulman stadium at Tulane and was not impressed.

http://www.ecu.edu/cs-admin/mktg/stadium_expansion.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69