Concacaf Champions League Final, Wed 8pm (est) FS2 | The Boneyard

Concacaf Champions League Final, Wed 8pm (est) FS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Montreal host Club America this Wednesday. Montreal has the advantage thanks to the away goals rule after securing a somewhat miraculous 1-1 draw in Azteca in front of over 50,000 people armed with batteries and laser pointers. Montreal led late and CA scored in stoppage time. Montreal also got screwed out of what should have been a DOGSO red card.

What's interesting is that Montreal's keeper is out for a yellow card suspension and they only keeper they have left that is eligible is a guy who is on loan just for the Champion's League from Edmonton's NASL team. So basically they are scrambling to find a keeper that is up to the task. The other interesting tidbit is that Montreal is widely regarded as MLS's worst team. They qualified by winning the Canadian Cup. Club America is a powerhouse in Liga MX.

There are 65,000 tickets sold for this one.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/27/champions-league-club-america-draw-chivas-1-1

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks I was trying to figure out how Montreal was included.

Reaction Score
I watched the final 20 minutes of the first leg. Montreal was clinging to a 1 goal lead, America pressing like crazy and finally got the equalizer in like the 89th minute on a nice header. The referee seemed to be afraid to call a foul on America, because there were several muggings that occurred with no call, except for a meaningless yellow after the tying goal. It got ugly late.

Alvarado plays for Club America, but don't think he dressed for the 1st leg.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Montreal host Club America this Wednesday. Montreal has the advantage thanks to the away goals rule after securing a somewhat miraculous 1-1 draw in Azteca in front of over 50,000 people armed with batteries and laser pointers. Montreal led late and CA scored in stoppage time. Montreal also got screwed out of what should have been a DOGSO red card.
They got screwed out of a couple other SFP red cards. America could have (if not in Estadio Azteca) been down 2-3 players.

Reaction Score
They got screwed out of a couple other SFP red cards. America could have (if not in Estadio Azteca) been down 2-3 players.

Yeah, I think the ref was more interested in not being killed than calling a good game. CONCACAF'd.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think the ref was more interested in not being killed than calling a good game. CONCACAF'd.
Gotta make it out of the stadium alive. ;)

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet listing Alvarado in Club America's starting 11 tonight.

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet listing Alvarado in Club America's starting 11 tonight.

Yeah. He looked good. Officially plays for the "best" club in CONCACAF. Good for us.

Clock struck midnight for the Impact. They played their tails off to get that far. But I still say that MLS's rules don't allow them to have a roster that enables them to win this trophy.

The US/Canadian Soccer media set some really false expectations on this one. The US media does the same with the USMNT. We don't have the quality yet to beat the elite teams on the biggest stage.

Reaction Score
Ya, it was 1-0 Montreal at the half, and then America went off early 2nd half. I was walking my dog a little after 9pm, and there's a Mexican restaurant on our corner which had the game on. I happened to pass by when America scored to take the lead, the workers and people paying attention were going nuts.

Reaction Score
Ya, it was 1-0 Montreal at the half, and then America went off early 2nd half. I was walking my dog a little after 9pm, and there's a Mexican restaurant on our corner which had the game on. I happened to pass by when America scored to take the lead, the workers and people paying attention were going nuts.

I turned it off after it got to 3-1. Even after 2-1 it was over thanks to the AGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom