Composite Player Ratings - 2014 | The Boneyard

Composite Player Ratings - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By popular demand ...
(ok, 1 person requested it, and he's not all that popular, but I'm going with that)

2014oct1_0125.png

Reaction Score
By popular demand ...
(ok, 1 person requested it, and he's not all that popular, but I'm going with that)

VOW: I surely hope I am that "1 person." You know how much I love this "in color" stuff. A whole lot of work went into that....much appreciated here.

View attachment 3854

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
By popular demand ...

View attachment 3854

Thanks for the time invested in this, vowelguy !

Can you remind me of the points/scoring system you employ ? [Or connect me to a past thread where you laid it out already] I can't recall if you use a straight average across the four major services and then rank them, or if you use a weighted system.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the time invested in this, vowelguy !

Can you remind me of the points/scoring system you employ ? [Or connect me to a past thread where you laid it out already] I can't recall if you use a straight average across the four major services and then rank them, or if you use a weighted system.

What?? Give away my trade secrets?!

• 5 services are used: ASGR, ProspectsNation, BlueStar, FullCourt, Olson
  • Since FullCourt only ranks ~55 players, all other players are given a rank of 100. I create arbitrary minimum ranks for the other services for non-rated players or unknown values.
  • For each service, (400 - Rank)^(3.5) <-- decidely non-linear!
  • The 5 values are summed and the total is normalized, so that #1 across all 5 services = 1,000 points and the minimum is 0.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

• [ ]5 services are used: ASGR, ProspectsNation, BlueStar, FullCourt, Olson
    [ ]Since FullCourt only ranks ~55 players, all other players are given a rank of 100. I create arbitrary minimum ranks for the other services for non-rated players or unknown values.
    [ ]For each service, (400 - Rank)^(3.5) <-- decidely non-linear!
    [ ]The 5 values are summed and the total is normalized, so that #1 across all 5 services = 1,000 points and the minimum is 0.

I am guessing you got an A+in Statistics

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
By popular demand ...
What exactly are you saying? :cool:

I missed that the first time. Either I was too excited about the lists, or it's too small for me to read.
Thanks again though. Great job.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

• [ ]5 services are used: ASGR, ProspectsNation, BlueStar, FullCourt, Olson
    [ ]Since FullCourt only ranks ~55 players, all other players are given a rank of 100. I create arbitrary minimum ranks for the other services for non-rated players or unknown values.
    [ ]For each service, (400 - Rank)^(3.5) <-- decidely non-linear!
    [ ]The 5 values are summed and the total is normalized, so that #1 across all 5 services = 1,000 points and the minimum is 0.

Thanks, man !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69