Commit #10 - Aaron Garland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Commit #10 - Aaron Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
UConnFootball 4:52pm via Twitter for iPhone
#AAC wide receivers won't like what's heading to Storrs from the windy city... #UCONNFootballNNFootball
Yup, looking at his HUDL video he covers guys like a wet blanket and he hits like a sledgehammer. Has really good hands, too. A great addition to the team and a great recruiting statement in the Chicago area. BTW, when was the last time, if ever, we saw this much Husky player/recruit involvement in the recruiting process? Just awesome. The coaching staff is doing an outstanding job and deserves a lot of credit after only six months in action. Such a different vibe is coming out of Storrs this year!! Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Body position, balance, anticipation. Looks comfortable moving laterally and reads the QB well. Just a reaction to the hudl highlights.

I like that we are filling out the class now and taking these guys with potential and character off the board. Get them into the system and physical program early. Less distractions for players and coaches and a smoother transition. This is a long haul approach but will also get some guys ready sooner.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
#11 announcing today?

Maybe. Could just be a hunch.

Tyler Davis @Tyler_Davis9 · 57m
Feeling like another recruit can become a Husky today! Go Huskies!
1f43e.png
1f43e.png
#BleedBlue

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I'll probably get hammered for this but do you think the staff may be looking to bring on a 4th or 5th year QB transfer from a major program; maybe someone looking for immediate playing time and exposure? Found this on SI.com and noticed how many TBDs there are out there.
Lack of patience, playing time contributing to increase in QB transfers
http://www.si.com/college-football/...rterback-transfers-kliff-kingsbury-texas-tech

A partial list of notable transfers since the 2013 season
Player
Former school New school
Austin Apodaca Washington St. --- TBD
Jaleel AwiniAir Force --- Colorado
Michael Brewer*Texas Tech --- TBD
Ford Childress West Virginia --- junior college
Cam CoffmanIndiana --- TBD
Jacob Coker*Florida St. --- Alabama
Luke Del RioAlabama --- Oregon St.
Michael EubankArizona St. --- Samford
Tyler FergusonPenn State --- Louisville
Andrew Hendrix*Notre Dame --- Miami (OH)
Zach KlineCal --- Oregon St.
Vad LeeGeorgia Tech --- James Madison
Baker MayfieldTexas Tech --- Oklahoma
Tyler Murphy*Florida --- Boston College
Philip NelsonMinnesota --- Rutgers
Clayton NicholasTexas Tech --- Bowling Green
Ammon OlsonBYU --- Southern Utah
Nick PattiBoise St. --- UCF
Manny StockerNC State --- TBD
Pete Thomas*NC State --- TBD
Jason ThompsonWyoming --- Utah
Kendal Thompson*Oklahoma --- TBD
Max Wittek*USC --- TBD
* - expected graduate transfer eligible to play immediately

Reaction Score
Great get! I think the below sums up...

Coach Reardon was his main rcruiter and they immediately hit it off.

“As soon as Coach Reardon came to my school, we began to build a good relationship.”

In addition to Northwestern and Iowa, garland was seeing a lot of interest and offers from Western Michigan, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Central Michagan, Toledo and Buffalo.

“Northwestern was definitely there the most,” Garland added.

Coach Diaco played a key role in drawing Garland to UCONN based on his time at Notre Dame.

“With the new staff there, UCONN became a target of mine,” Garland said. “Before, I really didn’t see too much UCONN football. I knew they played in a good conference and they played solid football, but that was about it. I knew Coach Diaco from ND and when he went he became the head coach up there it immediately interested me. They are ready to win and his staff has changed a lot already. I’m definitely looking forward to the future.”

Vontae Diggs and Kevin Murphy were both in Garland’s ear to get him to Storrs.

“Vontaie was on my 7-on-7 team and we played together when I was a sophomore and he was a junior in the Chicago area. Him and Kevin both showing that they wanted me to go there made my decision even easier.”

Before he was done, Garland had two final words.

“GO HUSKIES!”

Welcome aboard Aaron!

I like that Aaron stated that we play solid football. It's nice to see that even after the last three years UConn can still have some good reputation among recruits. Can't wait to see this kid on the field.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
WOWOWOWOW that kid looks great, can stick with kids, great closing speed, phenomenal tackling form, can lay the wood and is a turn over machine. Big time excitement on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom