BrKitnhCYAAXt6n.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Aaron!!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
A note to @huskymedic , it looks like our prediction of breaking into Illinois is starting to become a reality, huh? ;) I wonder who his recruiter was? Wolthausen? Cummings? Both have ties to that area...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not to harp on the Illinois / Midwestern thing, but Aaron (Oak Park IL) now joins Vontae Diggs from the past recruiting class (Downers Grove IL) as two 3-star kids from the greater Chicago area. This is a very good sign in my mind. I'm starting to feel that big time optimism rising up inside me again...

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting enough to know anything about these guys but the sheer number of commits we have at this point in the year has me very excited about the future of this program under HCBD.

Reaction Score
Not to harp on the Illinois / Midwestern thing, but Aaron (Oak Park IL) now joins Vontae Diggs from the past recruiting class (Downers Grove IL) as two 3-star kids from the greater Chicago area. This is a very good sign in my mind. I'm starting to feel that big time optimism rising up inside me again...

It's a good thing the optimism is returning before season prediction time. UconnDan97 picking a one loss season is the first sign of the apocalypse.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's a good thing the optimism is returning before season prediction time. UconnDan97 picking a one loss season is the first sign of the apocalypse.

The only way that would even remotely be a possibility would be if Alabama agreed to a home-and-home...

...and then I would still have UConn winning in OT...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For you offer guys, it appears he had offers from Nevada, Buffalo, NIU and WMU.

Looks like a good get to me.

No doubt about it. Looks like a good get to me. And even though I don't consider NIU a "P5" school, it has to be said that they have been hugely successful as of late (BCS bowl, etc.), and we pulled Aaron from their back yard. That's what is impressing me the most about this commitment...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
If you are into stars, Garland is currently the highest ranked player in the class.

Reaction Score
The only way that would even remotely be a possibility would be if Alabama agreed to a home-and-home...

...and then I would still have UConn winning in OT...

OT??? You're giving Bama a chance to force OT at the Rent? Who are you??

Reaction Score

Can't hurt to offer the kid the chance to play U. Illinois

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
He has great technique and he hits like a sledge hammer. Looks like Ronny Lott v2.0! Great get!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great get! I think the below sums up...

Coach Reardon was his main rcruiter and they immediately hit it off.

“As soon as Coach Reardon came to my school, we began to build a good relationship.”

In addition to Northwestern and Iowa, garland was seeing a lot of interest and offers from Western Michigan, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Central Michagan, Toledo and Buffalo.

“Northwestern was definitely there the most,” Garland added.

Coach Diaco played a key role in drawing Garland to UCONN based on his time at Notre Dame.

“With the new staff there, UCONN became a target of mine,” Garland said. “Before, I really didn’t see too much UCONN football. I knew they played in a good conference and they played solid football, but that was about it. I knew Coach Diaco from ND and when he went he became the head coach up there it immediately interested me. They are ready to win and his staff has changed a lot already. I’m definitely looking forward to the future.”

Vontae Diggs and Kevin Murphy were both in Garland’s ear to get him to Storrs.

“Vontaie was on my 7-on-7 team and we played together when I was a sophomore and he was a junior in the Chicago area. Him and Kevin both showing that they wanted me to go there made my decision even easier.”

Before he was done, Garland had two final words.

“GO HUSKIES!”

Welcome aboard Aaron!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
OT??? You're giving Bama a chance to force OT at the Rent? Who are you??

I assumed the first game of the home-and-home would be at Alabama, because they would structure it that way... ;)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Great get! I think the below sums up...

Coach Reardon was his main rcruiter and they immediately hit it off.

“As soon as Coach Reardon came to my school, we began to build a good relationship.”

In addition to Northwestern and Iowa, garland was seeing a lot of interest and offers from Western Michigan, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Central Michagan, Toledo and Buffalo.

“Northwestern was definitely there the most,” Garland added.

Coach Diaco played a key role in drawing Garland to UCONN based on his time at Notre Dame.

“With the new staff there, UCONN became a target of mine,” Garland said. “Before, I really didn’t see too much UCONN football. I knew they played in a good conference and they played solid football, but that was about it. I knew Coach Diaco from ND and when he went he became the head coach up there it immediately interested me. They are ready to win and his staff has changed a lot already. I’m definitely looking forward to the future.”

Vontae Diggs and Kevin Murphy were both in Garland’s ear to get him to Storrs.

“Vontaie was on my 7-on-7 team and we played together when I was a sophomore and he was a junior in the Chicago area. Him and Kevin both showing that they wanted me to go there made my decision even easier.”

Before he was done, Garland had two final words.

“GO HUSKIES!”

Welcome aboard Aaron!

Ah!!! So one of his key recruiters was...Vontae Diggs! Very very cool...

Reaction Score
Where is huskymedic? I miss seeing those banters on twitter too. Can't wait to see who else we get in the coming days-Christian Wilkins???

Reaction Score
I assumed the first game of the home-and-home would be at Alabama, because they would structure it that way... ;)

You're forgiven ... just predict 13-1 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom