Commercials | The Boneyard

Commercials

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I can't stand the commercial David Hasselhauf is doing for Cumberland Farms, but I have to admit I can't get the jingle out of my head. I guess that means the commercial works, even though I have no plan to stop at a Cumberland Farms for coffee (don't drink coffee).

What does someone like Hasselhauf get for such a commercial? I know he's hit rock bottom recently, but is a commercial really going to pay that much? I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

Reaction Score
The commercial with the kids in the playground giving each other trash talk compliments about back to school clothes & supplies absolutely disgusts me. Do we REALLY want our kids talking like that? My kids are now adults, but after watching that commercial, K Mart would never get a dime from out of my pocket going forward. "Yo Mama THAT!"

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The commercial with the kids in the playground giving each other trash talk compliments about back to school clothes & supplies absolutely disgusts me. Do we REALLY want our kids talking like that? My kids are now adults, but after watching that commercial, K Mart would never get a dime from out of my pocket going forward. "Yo Mama THAT!"

I have worked with inner city black and hispanic kids, and still do on a volunteer basis. I've never seen or heard anything like that commercial. I've seen a fair amount of urban trash talk, and most is pretty funny, but with a serious edge.

That commercial strikes me as something created by a couple of white people who wanted a sanitized "street" commercial to play to their inner city stores.

Hope it works, but at face value it's kind of embarrassing for K-Mart. With that said, a local radio station I was listening to discussed that commercial. Most callers thought it was "cute." Most of these callers identified themselves as black, with school aged children.

If it improves their bottom line, and helps them compete with Walmart - all the better. I do remember my mom using the lay away program at "Kings" in East Longmeadow. She knew she'd spend whatever was in her pocket, and the layaway program meant the money would be there when we needed back to school clothes.

Come to think of it, my mom would have thought the K-Mart commercial was cute.

If you want to talk about a commercial I can't bear to watch, it would be the one with the middle aged lady with the hole in her throat, aimed at smokers and potential smokers.

I don't need to see that commercial, and I don't want to see that commercial.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I love the new Shark Week commercial where they are returning the injured seal to the water with a huge crowd watching.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
DVR. Don't watch commercials anymore if I can help it...;).

EEI plays the radio version of the Cumby's commercial. It does remind me of the first time I saw the televised commercial (was watching a live ballgame). It is quite disturbing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you want to talk about a commercial I can't bear to watch, it would be the one with the middle aged lady with the hole in her throat, aimed at smokers and potential smokers.

I will immediately change the channel whenever one of those smoking commercials come on. Hate them.

Reaction Score
I have worked with inner city black and hispanic kids, and still do on a volunteer basis. I've never seen or heard anything like that commercial. I've seen a fair amount of urban trash talk, and most is pretty funny, but with a serious edge.

That commercial strikes me as something created by a couple of white people who wanted a sanitized "street" commercial to play to their inner city stores.

Hope it works, but at face value it's kind of embarrassing for K-Mart. With that said, a local radio station I was listening to discussed that commercial. Most callers thought it was "cute." Most of these callers identified themselves as black, with school aged children.

If it improves their bottom line, and helps them compete with Walmart - all the better. I do remember my mom using the lay away program at "Kings" in East Longmeadow. She knew she'd spend whatever was in her pocket, and the layaway program meant the money would be there when we needed back to school clothes.

Come to think of it, my mom would have thought the K-Mart commercial was cute.

Remember those embarrassing McDonald's commercials a few years ago with the yuppie white moms rapping? What idiot thought those were a good idea?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With Greg Oden returning to the NBA I hope he gets to do another commercial. The one he did for ESPN remains a classic.
"You want sophisticated? I can do sophisticated."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom