Comments on the UConn streak | The Boneyard

Comments on the UConn streak

Reaction Score
While reading a couple of UConn articles on SB Nation, I wandered into the comments sections. I thought cavemen were extinct. It is amazing that these attitudes exist today. The amount of willful ignorance is astounding. I included some of the worst. I can't wrap my head around why you would read an article about a sport you don't like and then take the time to comment on it. I try to keep the things I am ignorant about to myself and not display them to the world.

James Anastasia13h
They are grabbing all of the best talent in the country! !I hope so!!I betvyou 85% of those who play there play professionally in the NBA or overseas!!!

Ryan Chancler16h Ago
An amazing stat regardless competition. However it's still women's basketball. There is absolutely no parody what so ever. All the best girls go and play on one college team, beat up on girls in a horrible conference Year in and year out. Unlike men's college hoops there are different teams in final four every year and upsets every weekend. Girls hoops is to predictable and outside of a couple demographics, unwatchable.

Overly Aggressive Knicks Fan14h Ago
This is far from excellence. If they were to play a men's team, they'd get annihilated

Genoa Campbell14h Ago
This is what happens when you are bankrolled by ESPN and are getting all the top talent in the country.

Charles Hayes14h Ago
Cake schedule ! Weak conference they only play 2 or 3 rank teams a year.

Michael Bonner15h Ago
They could win 191 straight and no one would really care. If you think that sounds sexist it probably does a little but then again ask yourself who here has ever in their life watched a women's basketball game either college or WNBA completely through start to finish. Probably 5% if that.

Vinny Chase15h Ago
Of course it's going to look good when you have the best amateur women's players in the country all on one team. And the majority of the teams they play are just not good. I agree it can be beautiful basketball, but at the same time shouldn't it be?

There also was a comment about how UT and UConn were the only good teams, but I think he stepped out of his "hot tub time machine" and deleted it.

Reaction Score
Definitely ignorance at its best. In my experience, the kind of guys that make comments like these have either never played a college sport or would get beat by a lot of these ladies one on one. So I'm not sweating what these guys say. By the way "cavemen" is being way too nice ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I usually try to avoid unabashed ignorance, although I am increasingly finding that ignorance is proliferating like kudzu along a Georgia highway. So if ignoring it doesn't always work, I take a page from the Seinfeld episode by repeating the mantra, "Serenity now. Serenity now....."

Reaction Score
All I can say is "there's no sense in being stupid unless you show it." I rest my case after these "observations" from fans who obviously don't get out much anymore.:rolleyes:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Welcome to the world of misogyny. Imagine being an female athlete. Imagine coaching female athletes. Imagine, as a woman, covering athletics - female or male....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
In fact, imaging TJI!! A few comments on the comments;
1) UConn would go through ANY other conference undefeated also.
2) While we do play some pretty rank teams, I don't think that is what the poster meant.
3) As far as RANKED teams goes, about the only ranked team Geno did not schedule, or try to schedule, is UConn.
4) Michael actually sounds more than a little bit sexist.
5) Ignorance abounds.

Reaction Score
I thought cavemen were extinct.
Cavemen are alive and well.

You guys are definitely on thin ice. I hail from a very large caveplex. The young upstarts in our compound are just itching for the opportunity to go out and "earn their bones." As an elder, I need only say the word, and they will hunt you down, take you to task, and even the score. You'll regret the day!

Word to the wise, don't ever again imply that those nincompoops hail from, or have been accepted or endorsed by, this esteemed, respected, and rightfully feared cave dwelling people.

Are we clear? :rolleyes:

By the way "cavemen" is being way too nice ;)
I'm still trying to decide if this one should get a pass or not.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You guys are definitely on thin ice. I hail from a very large caveplex. The young upstarts in our compound are just itching for the opportunity to go out and "earn their bones." As an elder, I need only say the word, and they will hunt you down, take you to task, and even the score. You'll regret the day!

Word to the wise, don't ever again imply that those nincompoops hail from, or have been accepted or endorsed by, this esteemed, respected, and rightfully feared cave dwelling people.

Are we clear? :rolleyes:

Clear as that 2001 Monolith. One thing has puzzled me. Do most of you proto-sapiens dress to the right or left? I've got a Kickstarter tailoring startup going so....

Reaction Score
Clear as that 2001 Monolith. One thing has puzzled me. Do most of you proto-sapiens dress to the right or left? I've got a Kickstarter tailoring startup going so....

Keep it up! We can add you to the list if you like. :eek:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Keep it up! We can add you to the list if you like. :eek:
Careful. I'll sic my espresso maker on you. I think you know their reps.

Reaction Score
I would guess those commenting do not follow the sport nor appreciate how team basketball is fully played. They prefer high flying, one on one, and where the most talented players last one season.

I can understand for any non-uconn fan why the conference games are not interesting. It's undeniable the gap in talent. However, I found the closer games against top teams this year very exciting, more than last year, and filled with good basketball regardless of gender. Not sure why they feel compelled to comment so negatively about the sport though.... I would venture to guess even if there was more "parity" they still would not be watching games or be fans. I'll use KML term: they are just haters. LOL

(She called Geno that in an interview regarding the play she had a nice dibble move but he said she was trying to not fall or tripped. Forget exactly but remembered laughing about it.)

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
lmao - great comments. Reminds me of what my father used to say, "Better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you are ignorant rather than open it and confirm it for everyone".

Reaction Score
I look at these people as I did an old burro we had. It would stand in the middle of the pasture and just bray her head off. It didn't mean anything and it seemed to make her happy. So let the burros bray away.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Some of the comments directed at UConn are so pathetic the only thing to do is laugh!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom