Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
Texas Lt Governor calling us out by name. Rest of the Big 12 to Houston out of principle. Why not Tulsa? That would be good for Oklahoma schools.

Reaction Score
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox2659m59 minutes ago

Tx Lt Gov @DanPatrick continues his push 2get @UHouston & @SMU n@Big12Conference:"We'll c how@UofOklahoma votes. Could they really vote no?

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick continues his push to get the University of Houston and SMU into the Big 12: “This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. This is good for Texas. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools. I know there's 'well we won't be able to recruit. We won't be able to get those kids.' Will you put Texas first, put our kids first? They have to vote. We'll see how Oklahoma votes. I mean after the thrashing they took from the University of Houston, could they really vote no? I can't imagine they'd vote no. I feel good about the University of Houston. We'll see what happens with SMU.”

------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha, LOL, oh dear Lord, did they already forget about the demise of the SWC????? :p
Insert obligatory Santayana quote about history repeating itself. Hahahahahaha.
Please note that the above line tweets were posted by another poster on premium tweets thread, I just did not know how to link to his post. Gratis for the good laugh, I needed that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Tx Lt Gov @DanPatrick continues his push 2get @UHouston & @SMU n@Big12Conference:"We'll c how@UofOklahoma votes. Could they really vote no?

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick continues his push to get the University of Houston and SMU into the Big 12: “This is about Texas schools. I don't really give a hoot and a holler about UConn or some school in Florida or anywhere else. This is good for Texas. Texas schools oughta vote for other Texas schools. I know there's 'well we won't be able to recruit. We won't be able to get those kids.' Will you put Texas first, put our kids first? They have to vote. We'll see how Oklahoma votes. I mean after the thrashing they took from the University of Houston, could they really vote no? I can't imagine they'd vote no. I feel good about the University of Houston. We'll see what happens with SMU.”

Hahahaha, LOL, oh dear Lord, did they already forget about the demise of the SWC????? :p Insert obligatory Santayana quote about history repeating itself. Hahahahahaha.
I'm surprised there was no mention of Texas seceding to form it's own sovereign nation in that.

Reaction Score

Hahahaha, LOL, oh dear Lord, did they already forget about the demise of the SWC????? :p
Please note that the above line tweets were posted by another poster on premium tweets thread, I just did not know how to link to his post. Gratis for the good laugh, I needed that.

Thinking he was sent to send a message or he knows something because he's surely in a IDGAF mode:

04.jpg

Reaction Score
Thinking he was sent to send a message or he knows something because he's surely in a IDGAF mode:

View attachment 15713

Short summary of the whole stance is "It is all about Texas"

I am wondering what 6 north schools think. Ideally, the north schools just leave and recruit teams to join them to form a good conference. I know it won't happen, but it would be better for them long term just to get away from Texas. Texas and rest of the Texas schools can form their own conference and call it the SWC again :)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There are twelve FBS schools in Texas. Seems like the perfect number to start a league. Call it the Lone Star League and have two divisions of six. The two division champs can play each other in the championship game and crown themselves champs of the Republic of Texas. Everyone else can just vie for the NCAA championship.

Reaction Score
Houston and SMU to the Big 12.
The Kansases and the Oklahomas and Iowa State and WVU to the AAC for a round Sweet 16.
The Big Texas can go get Rice and the others for the dirty dozen.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
TBH though, I think it can be inferred from the Lt. Gov's comments that, at the very least, one Texas school doesn't want to add Houston or whoever else: "Texas schools oughta vote for Texas schools." I'm gonna guess that would be TCU as I think it has been reported in the past that they are of the same thinking that WVU is- eastward expansion.

Reaction Score
There are twelve FBS schools in Texas. Seems like the perfect number to start a league. Call it the Lone Star League and have two divisions of six. The two division champs can play each other in the championship game and crown themselves champs of the Republic of Texas. Everyone else can just vie for the NCAA championship.

And imagine what the TV networks will think of such a conference. Guess they will just have to form their own TV network and hope its successful. Oh wait, that's the LHN.

Reaction Score
Lt Gov is going out on his shield. When it comes time to run for the big horn-topped chair, he hopes people remember. This is probably a good sign for us if UConn is above Houston inside the room.

Love the reference to ancient Sparta.

Reaction Score

Hey UCONN fans,

After reading my post again, I realized that it could be interpreted by some as being insensitive/tone deaf to the current plight of your fanbase; with that in mind, I hope you good people understand that my laughter was at the "leadership" of the Big 12 and not aimed at your current situation. I just wanted to clear the air, good day to you all.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He is a politician. He just said what some of his constituents wanted him to say. He probably could care less. This is was just an item on his to do list that he had to check off.

"Communicate support for Texas schools not in the Big 12"....check!

Reaction Score
He's a Maryland grad who now lives in Houston. He looks like a televangelist.......and that's not a good thing. The most interesting thing about it is they seem not to realize that their excess inbreeding is what is causing their downfall to begin with. That from a guy who is supposed to be leading the state. The other b12 members must cringe when they see this from a political wannabe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom