Coming around | The Boneyard

Coming around

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
As I finally let the dust settle....I remind myself what the #1 issue has been the past 5 years;
The offensive line.
This will no longer be an issue.
For that, i am now getting pumped. Time to punch the opposition in the face again.
No power I BS ...put a punch in the face nonetheless.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I agree. Easy to warm up to this. It's not a sexy hire, but at least we can feel confident that core capabilities will improve. Specifically line play and special teams. RE knows how to get the most out of a QB...which will be important.

If...a big if...he hires a creative OC and lets them manage the offense, this could be a very good hire. But that's a big if.

Reaction Score
As I said yesterday, Edsall can be a good hire, but he's got to modernize through his coordinators. Aggressive O and D are the name of the game now. No going back to the old RE model. That will spell disaster. Randy has a great eye for talent and the ability to coach people up. If he can use those tools within the framework of modern schemes, we'll have something.

My hope is that DB covered this with him. Benedict referenced offense and 30ppg in the media yesterday. Edsall isn't a guy you talk about points with unless you know he is bringing a sharp offensive guy in to help him. I suspect Edsall has an exciting OC lined up. If he does, we will have something to be very optimistic about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I said yesterday, Edsall can be a good hire, but he's got to modernize through his coordinators. Aggressive O and D are the name of the game now. No going back to the old RE model. That will spell disaster. Randy has a great eye for talent and the ability to coach people up. If he can use those tools within the framework of modern schemes, we'll have something.

My hope is that DB covered this with him. Benedict referenced offense and 30ppg in the media yesterday. Edsall isn't a guy you talk about points with unless you know he bringing a sharp offensive guy in to help him. I suspect Edsall has an exciting OC lined up. If he does, we will have something to be very optimistic about.
Just need a DC who can defend the spread...and he needs to let him run with that.

Reaction Score

My hope is that DB covered this with him. Benedict referenced offense and 30ppg in the media yesterday. Edsall isn't a guy you talk about points with unless you know he is bringing a sharp offensive guy in to help him. I suspect Edsall has an exciting OC lined up. If he does, we will have something to be very optimistic about.

Agree on bold. Wonder if OC is announced tomorrow in conjunction with the press conference?

I sure hope that the low Edsall price tag means we are going to spend money on coordinators, and not that the well is almost dry.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As I finally let the dust settle....I remind myself what the #1 issue has been the past 5 years;
The offensive line.
This will no longer be an issue.
For that, i am now getting pumped. Time to punch the opposition in the face again.
No power I BS ...put a punch in the face nonetheless.

This is where I'm at - for the first time since Edsall left, I trust the football coach.

I don't care about how he left for Maryland - just don't have the mental energy to hold onto that anymore. (Yesterday, I was still mad. Today, I have rationalized my way past it. I'm good at that.)

I hope he wins. I think he will. I hope he is our coach in 20 years and we that miss him when he decides to retire as a Husky. If there's one thing we know about UConn, it's that our coaches do best when they can do a slow build and ride it over careers measured in decades....Calhoun, Auriemma, Reid, Penders, Stevens.

Randy fit that mold and he fits that mold. I'm hopeful again.

Reaction Score
This is where I'm at - for the first time since Edsall left, I trust the football coach.

I don't care about how he left for Maryland - just don't have the mental energy to hold onto that anymore. (Yesterday, I was still mad. Today, I have rationalized my way past it. I'm good at that.)

I hope he wins. I think he will. I hope he is our coach in 20 years and we that miss him when he decides to retire as a Husky. If there's one thing we know about UConn, it's that our coaches do best when they can do a slow build and ride it over careers measured in decades....Calhoun, Auriemma, Reid, Penders, Stevens.

He went a long way in my book with the Jazz memorial.

Reaction Score
With the exception of the Michigan game, all of my fondest UCONN football memories happened with Edsall teams. I'm going to give him a chance for sure. I'm sick of always expecting the worst and not caring as much as I used to.

Reaction Score
With the exception of the Michigan game, all of my fondest UCONN football memories happened with Edsall teams. I'm going to give him a chance for sure. I'm sick of always expecting the worst and not caring as much as I used to.

Beating him in College Park was pretty cool, and the P win over Louisville and the HCBD home win against Houston were both great moments. But I don't want to keep winning 4 games a year.

Reaction Score
Beating him in College Park was pretty cool, and the P win over Louisville and the HCBD home win against Houston were both great moments. But I don't want to keep winning 4 games a year.
I forgot about the XHCBD Houston game, yes I enjoyed that too.

Reaction Score

A guy that bolts out the back door without so much as a glance to his players, never mind a solid face to face. You think that guy has the character you want in a head coach. Really?

Reid?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A guy that bolts out the back door without so much as a glance to his players, never mind a solid face to face. You think that guy has the character you want in a head coach. Really?

Reid?
Get over it. Forgive and forget.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I can forgive. I have no control over his character or commitment. He's already a short-timer, guaranteed.
He's 59. The only place he's moving to after UConn is a retirement home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom