Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Week 1- LSU @ Wisconsin (Green Bay, WI)

Reaction Score
I love this game....

Week 2: Tennessee vs. Va. Tech (Battle at Bristol) :Side note screw you Vols for taking us off the schedule
Week 3: USC @ Stanford (I was tempted with Louisville vs Florida St. that actually will be a big game in the ACC, but )
Week 4: This week is actually pretty tough, but I can see them picking just the best SEC game, so Georgia at Ole Miss,
Week 5:Louisville at Clemson
Week 6: Texas vs. Oklahoma
Week 7: Alabama @ Tennessee
Week 8: Ole Miss @ LSU
Week 9: Michigan @ Michigan St.
Week 10: Alabama @LSU
Week 11: Baylor @ Oklahoma
Week 12: Uconn @ BC (Yeah that's right heck yeah!)
Week 13: Michigan @ Ohio St
Week 14: SEC Championship Game, what else is new

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Week 9 - there is no way, assuming both are undefeated, that they won't be in Tallahassee for Clemson@FSU.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The Iggles make the big time only because of UConn. That must irritate them beyond belief.

Reaction Score
Week 9 - there is no way, assuming both are undefeated, that they won't be in Tallahassee for Clemson@FSU.

The only reason I saw that game is cause ESPN likes to pick those revenge games from the year before. I can see them choosing this just from the outcome of last year

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The only reason I saw that game is cause ESPN likes to pick those revenge games from the year before. I can see them choosing this just from the outcome of last year

Fair, but it would make more sense if MSU lost that game. Since UM lost, and the game is in East Lansing, it's not quite as compelling.

jho

Reaction Score
Since I'm making the trip, I would love nothing more but there's way a 2-8 BCU hosts a Gameday. By the way, depending on the game time for the game, I hoping to make it a doubleheader with UConn Hockey, who play @ BU at 7:00 that night.

Drew

Reaction Score
I love this game....

Week 2: Tennessee vs. Va. Tech (Battle at Bristol) :Side note screw you Vols for taking us off the schedule
Week 3: USC @ Stanford (I was tempted with Louisville vs Florida St. that actually will be a big game in the ACC, but )
Week 4: This week is actually pretty tough, but I can see them picking just the best SEC game, so Georgia at Ole Miss,
Week 5:Louisville at Clemson
Week 6: Texas vs. Oklahoma
Week 7: Alabama @ Tennessee
Week 8: Ole Miss @ LSU
Week 9: Michigan @ Michigan St.
Week 10: Alabama @LSU
Week 11: Baylor @ Oklahoma
Week 13: Michigan @ Ohio St
Week 14: SEC Championship Game, what else is new

Couple months old but this link is 0/1: Predicting 2016 College GameDay locations

Drew

Reaction Score

its official. Bristol, TN

Drew

Reaction Score
Week 3 Options (records in parentheses)

FSU (1-0) @ Louisville (1-0) 12pm ABC
Alabama (1-0) @ Ole Miss (0-1) 3:30pm CBS
Oregon (1-0) @ Nebraska (1-0) 3:30pm ABC
Michigan State (1-0) @ Notre Dame (0-1) 7:30pm NBC
Ohio State (1-0) @ Oklahoma (0-1) 7:30pm FOX
USC (0-1) @ Stanford (1-0) 8pm ABC
Texas (1-0) @ Cal (1-0) 10:30pm ESPN

Personally I think it'll be OSU @ OU although the game being on Fox always means its tricky in regards to Game Day selection. I could see them choosing FSU @ Louisville as a way to prop up the ACC although I think they would rather wait to showcase FSU against Clemson later in the season. Worth noting is week 3 will be the 350th consecutive sellout at Memorial Stadium for the Huskers, who presumably will be 2-0 against a 2-0 Oregon squad on ABC.

IMO, order of probability:

Ohio State @ Oklahoma
FSU @ Louisville
Michigan State @ Notre Dame
Alabama @ Ole Miss
Oregon @ Nebraska
USC @ Stanford
Texas @ Cal

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
ESPN College GameDay shouldn't miss the chance to visit Louisville

This is a message to ESPN College GameDay, Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, and Desmond Howard; don’t miss the boat.

There has been a groundswell of support on Twitter this week to bring ESPN College GameDay to Louisville on September 17. On that day, the Louisville Cardinals will host the Florida State Seminoles in an ACC showdown at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. If both teams handle business this week, like they’re favored to do, the Cacouldboth be top-10 teams when they do battle. This point is completely moot, however, if either team loses this weekend.

This could be a showcase for two of the most exciting players in all of college football, let alone the ACC. Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson and Florida State running back Dalvin Cook are both having their names mentioned in conversations regarding the Heisman Trophy. Why would you want to miss a chance to spotlight two amazing players participating in the same game?

Reaction Score
Mike Rutherford@CardChronicle 16 mins ago
Confirmed: ESPN's "College GameDay" is coming to Louisville-Florida State

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I haven't watched College Gameday in probably 5 years so I'm not sure the answer to this question....back then the location they went to always had the night game in prime time. Since they are going to Louisville will that switch the time of that game to the evening? Or will it stick as the noon game? Just curious because I could have seen them heading to Stanford for the USC-Stanford game. They always like to do at least one West Coast game for Gameday

Reaction Score
I haven't watched College Gameday in probably 5 years so I'm not sure the answer to this question....back then the location they went to always had the night game in prime time. Since they are going to Louisville will that switch the time of that game to the evening? Or will it stick as the noon game? Just curious because I could have seen them heading to Stanford for the USC-Stanford game. They always like to do at least one West Coast game for Gameday

There is no connection between CGD picks and playing in primetime. They have picked games on other networks, as well as 3:30 games.

Though I'm not sure they've ever picked a Noon game as that conflicts with their ability to have a big crowd for their picks (and Corso's headgear) at 11:59.

Drew

Reaction Score

Kinda surprised this isn't going to East Lansing

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised this isn't going to East Lansing

Another Noon start. Makes it hard for CGD to do picks.

Also likely looking ahead to 10/29 showdown with Michigan as Lansing trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom