College football predictions | The Boneyard

College football predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ball-future-realignment-change-landscape-game

— More expansion is on the horizon. Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Clemson would be attractive to the Big 12, as would Notre Dame. The Big 12, according to a source, wants to get back to 12 teams and revive the Big 12 championship game for revenue and recruiting purposes.
If the ACC loses one or more of its major teams in expansion—the Big 12 has a provision in its current television deal that allows for renegotiation—it will be mortally wounded and of little consequence in a likely committee vote-based four-team playoff coming in 2014.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-05-18/sec-big-12-bowl-game-college-football-future-realignment-change-landscape-game#ixzz1vWW1S3nb

Reaction Score
How can TV leave the entire East coast from New England to Florida out of the major FB landscape? (outside of the SEC)

There has to be a way to let an ACC/BE champion in. TV will make sure of it. Too many eyeballs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the less likely I see the 4 x 16 scenario happening. The P12 isn't going to 16, nor is the B1G. The SEC might if they can get VT and UNC. The B12 is at 10 and I don't see them adding six ACC/BE teams. So, the ACC will exist in some form. Most likely it will be as the red-headed stepchild, with playoff access as a 13-0 or 12-1 team. One result of all this consolidation that I see is fewer undeafeated and one loss teams. Maybe the NACC will never get a two-loss champion in, but as a worst case scenario it is still better than where UConn is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom