Cold water... Chuck NAYNAY, I mean Neinas | The Boneyard

Cold water... Chuck NAYNAY, I mean Neinas

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Via Chip Brown... this is a day old and the quotes are centered on TCU but I thought this was relevant to the BE/B12 merger (or mass defection) theory.

TCU continues to be a strong candidate to become school No. 10 in the Big 12, the sources said.

"Being in the same time zone is a bigger priority than most people think when it comes to adding someone to the Big 12," a high-ranking official at a Big 12 school told Orangebloods.com.

Interim Big 12 commissioner Chuck Neinas has said that geographic proximity is important in terms of conference members having commonality. Neinas also said there might be some resistance to adding TCU.

And while most have assumed Texas is the one that would resist TCU, sources close to Texas have said UT wouldn't hold up such a move.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
By all accounts, they are in a fairly complicated negotiation with a high maintenance future partner in BYU. The Big 12 seems to attract complicated programs. Until BYU signs, everyone is on the table.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The B12 ADs met again today and have a weekly phone conference scheduled on expansion

Of one thing I am certain: Cincy is dilutive and doesn't make sense and the odds favor 12 if the right programs are involved..

>> Regarding possible expansion of the Big 12 -- with or without Missouri -- Neinas said there was still no telling how many schools might be added. The presidents of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have said they are most comfortable if the league gets back to 12 members, while Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds advocated 10. Neinas said there was even some sentiment for staying at nine.

BYU, TCU and Louisville have all been mentioned as possibilities to join the Big 12. But Louisville, a source told ESPN.com, is interested in keeping Big East together with service academies to fill void left by Pitt and Syracuse, who are heading to the ACC>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom