Cochrane's release versus Whitmer's | The Boneyard

Cochrane's release versus Whitmer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have seen so very little of Cochran but yet I am so convinced that he is just not the answer.

Reaction Score
Do you guys know what a release is? It's how quickly the ball leaves the QBs hand once the delivery starts. You can tell in one throw. And Casey's release made Whitmer's look like it was in slow motion. Very quick release.

Why is that important? It gives the DB less time to react to a pass. Getting it out quicker makes a QB harder to sack.

BTW, The point of the ball is not related to release time. But thanks for the non sequitur.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every thread is the same. Backup quarterback is Joe Montana... Why isn't he playing. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Reaction Score
This season is a loss, even if UConn somehow wins the American, which is unlikely even if the team finds its heart between now and the end of the season as Louisville and maybe even Rutgers are better than Michigan.

Thus, I would prefer to save Boyle for next year to 1) keeping his 4 years of eligibility for (hopefully) and new coaching staff next season and 2) saving him from bodily harm as any QB playing behind this GDL gem is bound to spend quality time in a hospital. I do not expect Joe Montana or even Dan Orlovsky; but, he is the best hope for the future right now on paper.

Thus, make it an open competition between Whitmer, Cochran & company (DeBerry, Ecke?). Maybe it will light a fire under the team or at the very least, will allow the new (hopefully) coaching staff to look at the tape to see who is worth keeping around next season.

Reaction Score
Unless the o-line gets fixed, playing musical chairs with the QB's is not going to matter.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be opposed to giving Cochran a chance. He is a Redshirt Freshman, and Whitmer is a Jr. I can understand seeing what you have in the Freshman in a live game situation.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Cochran play, so I cannot say he is the answer or not, or even if he is any good, but if (I love that i can almost pretend it is not a foregone conclusion that we aren't going bowling) we get the seventh loss and are eliminated from post-season contention, may as well give him a chance to see what he can do.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be opposed to giving Cochran a chance.

I am not apposed to it either. But I am also not opposed to seeing Whitmer behind a O-line that is schemed to give him a chance. Honestly, I think Whitmer wouldn't recognize good O-line play if it wore a "Hello, my name is...Good O-line Play" name tag. I'd be curious to see what kind of lemonade he could make from lemons not pulled from GDL's butt.

Reaction Score
I think it should be TJ's call no? Whoever he and whomever the interim head coach is will pick the best qb. I'm assuming the o-line coach will be foley, but if it's going to be the same line I would give a hard look at Taylor for his scrambling abilities, especially with that read-zone option.

Reaction Score
I think it should be TJ's call no? Whoever he and whomever the interim head coach is will pick the best qb. I'm assuming the o-line coach will be foley, but if it's going to be the same line I would give a hard look at Taylor for his scrambling abilities, especially with that read-zone option.

It's TJ's call. My point remains. You never know what you have until you see them in a game.

Reaction Score
It's TJ's call. My point remains. You never know what you have until you see them in a game.
I actually said the same thing to myself about CC's release when he threw the quick hitter to the slot, much faster, but it was just one throw. Well they all will get a fair chance I think atleast.

Reaction Score
...and why hasn't Shane Day's name surfaced in any of this? What would he say? Hmmmm...let me go check with my anonymous source.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Every thread is the same. Backup quarterback is Joe Montana... Why isn't he playing. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Wait, Montana still has eligibility? And he's coming to UConn?? Man today is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom