Coaches poll | The Boneyard

Coaches poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Why on God's green earth did it take UCONN beating SC for the coaches to rank you all #1? I get the AP poll, because those voters don't always pay attention and vote based on W/L records. The coaches, however, should know the difference.

The week prior, only 6 voters voted for Uconn. This week, it is unanimous. Ridiculous. Those coaches voting ought to lose their spot at the table. Rant over.

By the way, congrats on a dominant performance. Those surprised either:
1) don't watch basketball
2) so desperately want parity they are holding on to hope b/c of the undefeated record. Uh, does that mean Princeton has a legit shot at beating you all? (sarcasm)
3) SEC homers
4) All of the above

I mean no disrespect to SC with this, so hoping the SC posters don't take offense. Uconn is #1 until they loose more than one game (fluke) or Stewie and Jefferson leave, which ever happens first.

Reaction Score
Why on God's green earth did it take UCONN beating SC for the coaches to rank you all #1? I get the AP poll, because those voters don't always pay attention and vote based on W/L records. The coaches, however, should know the difference.

The week prior, only 6 voters voted for Uconn. This week, it is unanimous. Ridiculous. Those coaches voting ought to lose their spot at the table. Rant over.

2) so desperately want parity they are holding on to hope b/c of the undefeated record. Uh, does that mean Princeton has a legit shot at beating you all? (sarcasm)
3) SEC homers
4) All of the above

I mean no disrespect to SC with this, so hoping the SC posters don't take offense. Uconn is #1 until they loose more than one game (fluke) or Stewie and Jefferson leave, which ever happens first.
On a nuetral court I give Princeton a chance. They'd play much better than SC did.

Reaction Score
On a nuetral court I give Princeton a chance. They'd play much better than SC did.
Let me know where you buy your Kool Aid. I'd like some when reality hits me sometimes.

Reaction Score

Actually, traditionally the writers tend to do a better job than the coaches. I'm not so sure that the coaches are watching more games (they're focused on prepping for the next game), and the coaches will take the safer "win=move up; lose=move down" tactic.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
^^^ If that is the case, that is just dumb. Regardless, when it comes to Uconn, the coaches should know.
No excuse for that ridiculousness.

Reaction Score
Actually, traditionally the writers tend to do a better job than the coaches. I'm not so sure that the coaches are watching more games (they're focused on prepping for the next game), and the coaches will take the safer "win=move up; lose=move down" tactic.
^^^ If that is the case, that is just dumb. Regardless, when it comes to Uconn, the coaches should know.
No excuse for that ridiculousness.
AGREE! If you compare all of the pertinent stats, then add to that some valuable intangibles like the proven effectiveness of the coaching staff, and maybe even the culture of the program, one should be able to cast a fair and informed vote.

I will grant the SEC homers a pass, but, for all the others, they either don't deserve a vote, because they don't know how, or because they're guilty of voting for "anybody-but-UConn," or whoever is perceived as the elephant of the day.

Maybe it's time for a little transparency. How about revealing everyone's vote, either weekly, or at the conclusion of the season. If not, then just drop the whole weekly ranking process.

Okay, let her rip.

Reaction Score
Let me know where you buy your Kool Aid. I'd like some when reality hits me sometimes.
I should look at your pre-Stanford posts to see how you saw that game. LOL

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score

3) SEC homers
4) All of the above

Ya know I was curious about that. Like in the first few weeks after the Stanford loss when a bunch were giving Texas their #1 vote over UConn, I was like what is going on here. Is/was Texas even in the same stratosphere? What do they base those votes on?

Reaction Score
There's not one team that can beat UCONN at this point or even any point this season, but if I had to choose a team to prepare for battle with Uconn give me FSU.

Reaction Score
There's not one team that can beat UCONN at this point or even any point this season, but if I had to choose a team to prepare for battle with Uconn give me FSU.
The Seminoles are really good. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the ACC. Where would that leave ND in the bracket? I am from the day when there only was a Top Ten, and you had to win your conference to be tournament eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom