Coaches Changing Jobs - Poll | The Boneyard

Coaches Changing Jobs - Poll

How many will be at their current schools in 10 years?

• All (7)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 4-6

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 37.5%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • None (0)

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Consider the following prominent coaches. How many of these 7 will be at their _current_ jobs in 10 years?
  • Geno
  • JPM
  • Holly Warlick
  • Muffet
  • Kim Mulkey
  • Tara Vanderveer
  • Stephanie White

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think three - Muffet, Kim, and Stephanie - the others will be fired or retired.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One. Mulkey

McCallie will be long long long gone (hopefully) .... Warlick will have been dismissed as well.... White will have moved on to another job...... Im not sure about the others ages...... but 10 years from now they would in their mid 70s (???) and they hopefully will be retired.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I chose all:
  • Geno - He will continue to coach from heaven.
  • JPM - Words can't really express why she will keep her job... but she will.
  • Holly Warlick - She was born in Knoxville, graduated from TN, coached under Pat... plus they say all she needs is more time right?
  • Muffet - The fans love her, she coaches great basketball, who are they gonna get that's equal to or better? Geno is already taken.
  • Kim Mulkey - I'm gonna leave this blank because I'm pretty sure she has super powers and I don't want to get on her bad side. She'll be there though. Count on it.
  • Tara Vanderveer - She's in good health and when she has the players she can get the job done. One of the few coaches out there who can win against Geno & Muffet.
  • Stephanie White - Why not? It's in the SEC right? So basically as long as you finish in the Top 8 of the SEC you're guaranteed to make it to the NCAA Tourney.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I voted 1 (Mulkey) but I'd feel better that if the question were 11 years. I can see Muffet coaching until she's 70, as she's got a pretty good gig at ND. I believe she's 60 now.

Reaction Score
One Maybe.
  • Geno - retires...kinda
  • JPM - fired and not hired, not even to coach a rec-department team
  • Holly Warlick - she'll "retire" and will unretire elsewhere, at a lesser program, and will do well at a lower level, without all the pressure of living up to a Legend
  • Muffet - retired, fed up with waiting for Geno to retire so she gets a shot at another trophy
  • Kim Mulkey - May still be coaching...may spontaneously combust on the sideline, one or the other.
  • Tara Vanderveer - retired
  • Stephanie White - will be coaching, but not at Vandy. It is Painfully Obvious even to the Most Casual of Observers; Vandy is a stepping-stone.

Reaction Score
I chose all:
  • Geno - He will continue to coach from heaven.
  • JPM - Words can't really express why she will keep her job... but she will.
  • Holly Warlick - She was born in Knoxville, graduated from TN, coached under Pat... plus they say all she needs is more time right?
  • Muffet - The fans love her, she coaches great basketball, who are they gonna get that's equal to or better? Geno is already taken.
  • Kim Mulkey - I'm gonna leave this blank because I'm pretty sure she has super powers and I don't want to get on her bad side. She'll be there though. Count on it.
  • Tara Vanderveer - She's in good health and when she has the players she can get the job done. One of the few coaches out there who can win against Geno & Muffet.
  • Stephanie White - Why not? It's in the SEC right? So basically as long as you finish in the Top 8 of the SEC you're guaranteed to make it to the NCAA Tourney.

How old is Muffet? Will Geno keep going into his 70's?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't see Muffet or Tara continuing to that age (or Geno either). I said 2-3, would be more comfortable with a 1 - 2 choice. The possibilities are Mulkey, White and Warlick, IMO. Only White is fairly young and may indeed be doing a "stepping stone". Who knows. I do consider Mulkey the most likely to still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom