Coach SOS... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach SOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am very happy so far. I think it speaks volumes of how in tune P is with his OC and DC.

Reaction Score
My issue with Sos has never been about recruiting. As a WR coach? The results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
My issue with Sos has never been about recruiting. As a WR coach? The results speak for themselves.

I would hold of on a judgement on that for now, I am.

This coach was the WR coach at Harvard when Fitzpatrick was QB, and the passing game did quite well at Harvard, after Fitzpatrick went to the NFL too. Since he took the role on our staff, he's had a senior go to the NFL through the draft in 2009 (no seniors on the roster in 2010) and now in 2011, has another senior that is looking like a draft pick.

he's doing something right with the WR position. and he's doing it in the offensive system we've had from 2005-2010.

I'm holding off on the kind of judgement above though, until I see the receivers in an actual balanced offense. We saw a field spacing, balanced attack, offense for the first time in a long time last year, and we had receivers who weren't used to being that wide open.

He's got a very strong tie to the local community in that both his father and grandfather are long time high school coaches in connecticut, going back a long time. When you're father and grandfather are/were football coaches, it's safe to say, the game is in your blood, and as far as I can tell, this coach bleeds husky blue football blood.

I'm quite sure he's going to get the opportunity to show exactly what he's capable of as a coach and a recruiter moving forward in the future.

Reaction Score
As for being held back? I'm not sure I would call it being held back, that's not appropriate, maybe less organized or something - something less, but not really being held back, being held back was the end result with recruiting, not the starting point - just my opinions -

But I will share this - this is fact, and very recent, and is a good way to support that opinoin I just wrote.

At signing day, one of our coaches was up on the podium, talking about recruiting a player in Jersey back in fall of 2011. He was talking about how impressed he was with the player, because the player didn't know he was there in the stands.

The player was expecting him that night, but thought he wasn't there, because the coach had called and said that he was terribly lost, in trying to find his way to the stadium and was very, very late.....but the coach did eventually find it. The player didn't know he was there and could have had a big let down, knowing that. But he didn't.

It was a nice story,and a lot of people nodded their heads, and applauded, but in my seat, I was cringing and wanted to scream.

There is absolutely no reason why our coaching staff, especailly guys that have been around for a few years, shouldn't be able to find there way to every high school football stadium in the tri-state area in the dark with no GPS.

I thought it was pretty telling, that the coach didn't know where that stadium was in Jersey, and I was hoping at the time that nobody picked up on it, and they didn't. and i'm comfortable talking about it now.

I'm quite sure our coaching staff won't be getting lost on their way to any football stadium in Jersey in the future, they're demonstarting it clearly.

I'm quite sure, that moving forward, getting lost anywhere in the tri-state area, new england, upstate NY, PA and south to DC on the way to high school football stadium won't happen anymore.

We're all going to know where those players are at.

Reaction Score
Is that the reason for the high number of dropped passes? I'm half kidding.

I can think of more than one occasion last year where a receiver was open and was picking their head up, and eyes off the ball before securing the catch.

Explain it however you want to explain it, but that's what happened on many an occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom