Coach P has found the winning formula! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach P has found the winning formula!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I respect Duke's heart and determination on a hard fought win yesterday.... But I don't want your fans to get a big head yes the victory over us was a huge one but we were coming off 3 straight road games within 7 days and then had to go into Durham to play obviously very few teams can do that and expect to win. All UCONN's wins this year versus ranked opponents were at home or in Connecticut which is really a home location. Besides most of our games this season we're away and we beat some pretty good teams on the road. We could have easily scheduled cupcakes and gone undefeated all the way to the NCAA but Dawn wanted to challenge this team and I'm actually glad we lost so this team can wake up and everyone else can continue to take them lightly. Now if the game were at the CLAW I would take SC by 20+ no trouble.
Actually, the UConn vs. FSU game was in Florida, I believe on FSU's home court. But your point is well taken.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Have watched a lot of this game. Greenwell is a stud. Odom, a freshman, shows great promise. And athleticism.

Leona Odom is a So Cal gal. (Chaminade Prep)

Reaction Score
I haven't watched the SC game but I saw Odom last year in the California state championship game and she was easily the best player on the floor, and that includes Sabrina Ionescu, the 4th rated high school player who starred for Miramonte. Odom was incredibly quick and a great jumper who couldn't be stopped. She scored 33 points in the final. I remember thinking she was destroying a great career by selecting Duke. It looks like I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Actually, the UConn vs. FSU game was in Florida, I believe on FSU's home court. But your point is well taken.

Yes I forgot about that one but I'm glad you see where I'm coming from SC is still a young team trying to gel 7 games in and had some very quality win over the loss. Many people think were out of the fight due to the loss against Duke but don't sleep on this team once they figure it out defensively and tune up offensively we'll be right there in the end. We also have more chances to prove ourself against UCLA,UCONN, and the SEC so I'm not worried about this team.

Reaction Score
Yes I forgot about that one but I'm glad you see where I'm coming from SC is still a young team trying to gel 7 games in and had some very quality win over the loss. Many people think were out of the fight due to the loss against Duke but don't sleep on this team once they figure it out defensively and tune up offensively we'll be right there in the end. We also have more chances to prove ourself against UCLA,UCONN, and the SEC so I'm not worried about this team.
Even with that loss to Duke, I'll never count SC out. Next to UConn, I've always been extremely fond of SC and I have a huge appreciation for what Dawn has done thus far and what she'll continue to do in the future. Anyone counting SC out after that loss needs a wake-up call, and I don't think the majority of UConn fans are going to take them lightly going forward either. If we have to lose a game this year - which of course, I'm obviously hoping will NOT happen - I still have SC down as the team it'll likely be against. We know what a loss can do, and you guys will only get better. So for every game except the one in February in a very cold Storrs, CT... good luck! ;) I'm still hoping to see good things from A'ja this year - she's one of my faves!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Rest assured I won't sleep on your team. It's an interesting team, with interesting pieces, especially the 4-5 combination.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is interesting because I think Baylor and SCar are very similar - they both lost their PG to graduation, they both have coaches that have had great success with strong interior games and want that to continue, and they both have strong wing/shooting guards they are trying to balance with their strong post play. And to some degree they are both struggling with that balance and perhaps overly trigger happy exterior players. They relied on their departed players to be the on court 'referee' in balancing those competing concepts. And I suspect they are both more vulnerable to zone defenses or teams that can defend inside in man than most observers realize, because neither is that good at consistent three point shooting. And I think TX is probably facing similar issues from a more nescient starting point.

I am not knocking either team - they are both very strong and talented, just facing similar questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom