Coach P has found the winning formula! | The Boneyard

Coach P has found the winning formula!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Which is to be very selective about whom you schedule. So far this year, they have whupped up on Liberty, PennU, the Longwood Lancers(?), The Grand Canyon Antelopes(!), ODU, the Long Beach State 49ers, Pepperdine and the Rugsters. She would have a perfect season going except for the serious glitch of scheduling Vandy. Moral; "If you cain't lick 'em, avoid 'em!" Whatever works.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Upcoming games include #3 USC, #8 FSU, #1 ND, #7 Louisville, #17 Kentucky, #20 Syracuse and #18 Miami. A really tough schedule that should put a dent in their 8-1 record.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Which is to be very selective about whom you schedule. So far this year, they have whupped up on Liberty, PennU, the Longwood Lancers(?), The Grand Canyon Antelopes(!), ODU, the Long Beach State 49ers, Pepperdine and the Rugsters. She would have a perfect season going except for the serious glitch of scheduling Vandy. Moral; "If you cain't lick 'em, avoid 'em!" Whatever works.
The problem is that the whole team hasn't learned much during this start to the season - at least they got that little lesson learned playing Vanderbilt, and I suspect they get another one today. Hate to see Duke students not getting a good education!:eek: :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
Duke vs SCAR starts in less than an hour.
Loser is guaranteed a postseason WNIT berth.

Reaction Score
Duke leading at the half 36-29. Im watching it on espn3.com.

Reaction Score
Watched the first half of USC/Duke (Duke up 36-29) and I don't see us having a tough time with them, mainly because we are too quick for them. This is the first time I've seen a USC game this season, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions based upon the little bit I've seen them, but not that impressed with their defense or speed so far. We'll see what transpires in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Duke leading at the half 36-29. Im watching it on espn3.com.
Duke playing way better than I thought they are capable of.
If they can play like this regularly, Elite 8 is a distinct possibility.
They are not yet a FF team.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Don't worry Staley will start yelling and the fouls will mount up for the Blue Devils they will conceded the lead and it'll be game over. I'm glad they are playing well though was worried about Duke this year. They look alright so far.

Reaction Score
55-43 Duke after 3. They're doing a good job keeping the ball away from Wilson and Coates in the post.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Also lets not forget South Carolina relies HEAVILY on free throws for points. Over the last 2 years they have been the most fouled team in the nation getting 25 points or so a game average at the foul line. They don't get those points and stoppage in play in gets rough.

Reaction Score

They didn't make the tournament last year, and I didn't have high hopes for them this year either. Their lineup has a bunch of changes since last year. Why not schedule weaker to try and give your team some time to gel and gain some confidence?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Have watched a lot of this game. Greenwell is a stud. Odom, a freshman, shows great promise. And athleticism.

I went to the Blue/White Scrimmage and the exhibition game.... and I was struck by a few things. She's really long.... and is bouncy quick leaper, and she runs the floor like a gazelle. Her height and wingspan enable her to play minutes at the PF position.... but she definitely has SF skills as well. I look forward to seeing her grow as a player.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I went to the Blue/White Scrimmage and the exhibition game.... and I was struck by a few things. She's really long.... and is bouncy quick leaper, and she runs the floor like a gazelle. Her height and wingspan enable her to play minutes at the PF position.... but she definitely has SF skills as well. I look forward to seeing her grow as a player.
Nice win for a tough young team. Hopefully Dawn's team get the message for a little better on ball defense and patience on offense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes. Very graceful.

It was only part of one game, but from what I saw she seems to have a range of skills, good instincts, and showed no fear in the rough and tumble with the SCAR bigs. As you say, she is one to watch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes. Very graceful.

It was only part of one game, but from what I saw she seems to have a range of skills, good instincts, and showed no fear in the rough and tumble with the SCAR bigs. As you say, she is one to watch.

I was chuckling when she was battling down low with Wilson. She probably gave up 50 pounds in that matchup.

Reaction Score

I am hoist with my petard and hopefully SCAR will go to WNIT now.
Above I posted that Duke will go to Elite 8 if they can play like this. I did not watch the game.
I have a question about the game that I have not seen discussed.
The shortest Duke player is 5 ft 9.
About 75-80% (or more) of the team is over 6ft.
Did SCAR have a problem handling this height? I know SCAR also has some height. That does not mean they will handle a tall (or taller) opponent well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am hoist with my petard and hopefully SCAR will go to WNIT now.
Above I posted that Duke will go to Elite 8 if they can play like this. I did not watch the game.
I have a question about the game that I have not seen discussed.
The shortest Duke player is 5 ft 9.
About 75-80% (or more) of the team is over 6ft.
Did SCAR have a problem handling this height? I know SCAR also has some height. That does not mean they will handle a tall (or taller) opponent well.

I discussed it in another thread actually.....

In terms of interior defense... Duke can throw height and strength both in the starting lineup as well as coming off the bench. Chidom is 6'4 quick and supple.... Cooper is 6'4 with strength and power.... Mathias is 6'4..... Belton is 6'3 with strength and bulk.... and Odom is 6'2 with long arms and leaping ability.

After watching the game..... I think that I might would favor Baylor over South Carolina now... They are even bigger and longer than Duke inside.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was funny reading this thread with all the criticisms of McCallie, until Duke won the game. I bet the team learned DOUBLE the normal lessons We all know they #lessonslearned from losses, but it's got to me more #lessonslearned from wins, no?!!

Reaction Score
I discussed it in another thread actually.....

After watching the game..... I think that I might would favor Baylor over South Carolina now... They are even bigger and longer than Duke inside.

I respect Duke's heart and determination on a hard fought win yesterday.... But I don't want your fans to get a big head yes the victory over us was a huge one but we were coming off 3 straight road games within 7 days and then had to go into Durham to play obviously very few teams can do that and expect to win. All UCONN's wins this year versus ranked opponents were at home or in Connecticut which is really a home location. Besides most of our games this season we're away and we beat some pretty good teams on the road. We could have easily scheduled cupcakes and gone undefeated all the way to the NCAA but Dawn wanted to challenge this team and I'm actually glad we lost so this team can wake up and everyone else can continue to take them lightly. Now if the game were at the CLAW I would take SC by 20+ no trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom