Coach K to Have Back Surgery | The Boneyard

Coach K to Have Back Surgery

Reaction Score
Looks like out 4 weeks or so.

Krzyzewski is expected to coach Wednesday against Georgia Tech and then step away for the surgery to remove a fragment of a herniated disk in his lower back. The procedure has an anticipated recovery time of four weeks.

"His back has been bothering him way worse than he's let on," a source told ESPN.

Assistant coach Jeff Capel will coach the team while Krzyzewski recovers. Capel's first game will be Saturday against Boston College.

Duke's Krzyzewski to undergo back surgery

Reaction Score
So he doesn't have to take responsibility for Grayson

This is vintage K
I literally read the thread title and thought this would be some Onion article since they got crushed the other day. Amazing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If they were winning the back hurts less. This is surgery so I wish him well. The pattern is convenient and perhaps predictable. Definitely the spin is and will be predictable.

But KO is getting some benefits from injuries to players. So glass houses.

Reaction Score
Looks like out 4 weeks or so.

Krzyzewski is expected to coach Wednesday against Georgia Tech and then step away for the surgery to remove a fragment of a herniated disk in his lower back. The procedure has an anticipated recovery time of four weeks.

"His back has been bothering him way worse than he's let on," a source told ESPN.

Assistant coach Jeff Capel will coach the team while Krzyzewski recovers. Capel's first game will be Saturday against Boston College.

Duke's Krzyzewski to undergo back surgery

So any Duke losses while he's out won't count against his record. Got it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's a cover to take media attention away from Allen while Allen is suspended for the same period of time.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This looks like the 2011-12 UConn curse. They laughed at us when we were stumbling that year with our insanely loaded roster, then Calhoun missed a stretch with what I seem to remember we're also back issues, think he even got back surgery too. Not so easy to keep it together, huh K?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonder if he is going to ask NCAA to take any losses during this recovery period away from his lifetime record like he did back in 1997?
I wish him well BUT can't help but think the decision to do it during this time span has to do with the injury bug that bit his team as well as the Grayson Allen stuff - maybe the school won't let Grayson the thug come back when K wants him to

Reaction Score
But KO is getting some benefits from injuries to players. So glass houses.

KO benefitting from injuries this season, now there's a hot take... It's like some people here are living in an alternate universe with how their brains work.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO benefitting from injuries this season, now there's a hot take... It's like some people here are living in an alternate universe with how their brains work.
Blitzing Dr. Who and recently watched the episode of (Spoilers) in an alternative universe. So maybe that's why I was cryptic.

Any(dr)who my reference was aimed at the media primarily downplaying (even ignoring) the losses to Wagner and Northeastern and discussing the injuries as the primary reason for the dismal season. I want those early losses to be as distant a memory as possible with regards to the public.

Certainly a healthy trio of Mamadou, Alterique and Terry and the team developing from those early losses would be the absolute preference for me as well as KO. I thought the association of K and the press coverage spinning things (giving him sympathy) would support where I was coming from. Didn't think it was necessary to explain the obvious.

I do like the idea of being in an alternative universe, at least one in which the season was having a better outcome and the human race had a better grasp of (not the cesspool, not the cesspool, not the cesspool)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom