Clemson's Football guru reporting B12 deal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clemson's Football guru reporting B12 deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So...uh...is this for real or not? This thread is 2 days old and I haven't seen one reputable media outlet report this. Are we starting to source guys like Huskyfandan and going 3 pages on any given rumor (no offense to Huskyfandan).

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Clemson to the Big 12 being a 'done deal' is just like WVU to the SEC, which if you relied on the WVU board for your info happened about a year ago, several times.

If Clemson leaves the ACC for the Big 12 it will be the first time that I can recall that a team has left a solid stable conference for another. All of the teams that have left the BE did so in part because the BE was a disfunctional comglomeration of teams most of which were ready to leave the second they got invited elsewhere. The four teams that left the Big 12 did so at a time when that conference had its share of problems.

The guy on the WVU board who they all revere as a guru, does that mean he has more than one tooth?, said in his post telling people that FSU to the Big 12 was a done deal also said that the new bowl between the SEC/Big 12 would mean 3 million per team. As I posted elsewhere, 10 Big 12 teams plus 14 SEC teams is 24 times 3 means that game, which is virtually NEVER going to match the actual champions of those leagues as long as there is a BCS of some sort in place will be worth 72 million dollars. Last years Rose Bowl generated 33 million and no BCS game was even remotely close to 70 million. But a guy posts 'FSU to the Big 12" and everyone wets their pants in awe and agreement even though what else he says in his post is pure nonsense.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
But a guy posts 'FSU to the Big 12" and everyone wets their pants in awe and agreement even though what else he says in his post is pure nonsense.

I was in agreement with that until the coach and the BOT chairmen and the head of the FSU boosters got on board the Big 12 train.

Run the numbers and it doesn't look good for the ACC holding on to FSU or Clemson *IF* the Big 12 is expanding. It's gathering the Texas A&M and Missouri momentum and the way the contracts are set up the timing for a change is this Summer.

Reaction Score
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Clemson to the Big 12 being a 'done deal' is just like WVU to the SEC, which if you relied on the WVU board for your info happened about a year ago, several times.

If Clemson leaves the ACC for the Big 12 it will be the first time that I can recall that a team has left a solid stable conference for another. All of the teams that have left the BE did so in part because the BE was a disfunctional comglomeration of teams most of which were ready to leave the second they got invited elsewhere. The four teams that left the Big 12 did so at a time when that conference had its share of problems.

The guy on the WVU board who they all revere as a guru, does that mean he has more than one tooth?, said in his post telling people that FSU to the Big 12 was a done deal also said that the new bowl between the SEC/Big 12 would mean 3 million per team. As I posted elsewhere, 10 Big 12 teams plus 14 SEC teams is 24 times 3 means that game, which is virtually NEVER going to match the actual champions of those leagues as long as there is a BCS of some sort in place will be worth 72 million dollars. Last years Rose Bowl generated 33 million and no BCS game was even remotely close to 70 million. But a guy posts 'FSU to the Big 12" and everyone wets their pants in awe and agreement even though what else he says in his post is pure nonsense.
Stability in this conference business is a relative term I think. You could make a pretty good case that the big 12 was stable until Colorado decided to leave it for the PAC, and Nebraska left for theB-10. Those moves really destabilized the B-12 and encouraged others, A&M and Missouri in particular, to look elsewhere....that was the move that really destablized the B12. I would argue that the B-12 is once again pretty stable and a move from the ACC is probably more like Colorado or Nebraska. And will have the same impact.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
If word gets out that Clemson and FSU are seriously approaching the Big 12 then we will see Virginia Tech doing the same. It will be like the 2003 Big East move where Syracuse was in and then Syracuse was out and Virginia Tech, a late comer, got political backing.

Reaction Score
If word gets out that Clemson and FSU are seriously approaching the Big 12 then we will see Virginia Tech doing the same. It will be like the 2003 Big East move where Syracuse was in and then Syracuse was out and Virginia Tech, a late comer, got political backing.

Where's Virginia Tech going to go? And who's politicing who? Virginia Tech got into the ACC because they forced Virginia to withdraw their vote for any expansion without Virginia Tech. And without Virginia, the remaining schools did not have enough votes. I'm not sure how this is similar...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Once these guys figure out what the playoffs will look like, then you'll start to see movement, or not. They will start moving before any official announcement is made, or not. The timetable is June/July so teams moving can get out in time for 2014. Potential players are just limbering up, aorn.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Where's Virginia Tech going to go? And who's politicing who? Virginia Tech got into the ACC because they forced Virginia to withdraw their vote for any expansion without Virginia Tech. And without Virginia, the remaining schools did not have enough votes. I'm not sure how this is similar...

Do you really think if word gets out that FSU and Clemson are exploring an exit the rest of the teams are going to sit there like bumps on a log? There will be a V-Tech, a Louisville, a WVU, a UConn reaching out to others.

No I stand corrected, I expect it will quite *LITERALLY* go down EXACTLY like V Tech to the ACC and include all the same political players dead, retired or alive.

Reaction Score
Based on what you wrote above, we do not get an invite to either the B12 or B10, so where do we go?
We have to market ourselves. It's clear that our athletic department is in the top 50.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

ESPN's SEC blogger Chris Low is saying VT and the SEC have eyes for each other.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/chris low?q=chris+low

Reaction Score
BTW, Sports Journal just reported CBS does not want to pay SEC more money because they added Missouri and A&M. They don't think those teams add any more value than they already paying.

Adding VT might just be another mouth to feed until SEC can free itself from its current contract, which I believe is not due for another 11 years or so.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What I don't get is why Va Tech would wait to see what happens to FSU to make a decision to go for the SEC? Is FSU really that important to Va Tech? The SEC will be millions more, I would think.

vt will wait for fsu to make its move. why?
1) vt knows that the sec wants/needs the state of va as its next market
2) vt has a chance every year to win the acc, in the sec its going to be a uphill battle. vt will be a great program in the sec, but beating fl and crew to get to a sec ship game will be a challenge.
3) they are in no rush becuase they know that the sec will grab them for sure. and if the sec doesn't the b12 would in a second. so until the time of movement happens and the 4 team playoff etc, vt is happy with its high chances on winning the acc and getting a bcs bowl payout as they know things will be harder in a big 4 conf.

Reaction Score
while i don't think mizzu is anything special, i think they brought atleast covering themselves value wise to the league. atm on the other hand should have brought texas tvs, that kind of puzzles me value wise...when the sec adds ncst and vt the east west setup will change a bit and i expect a better tv deal.

There is nothing puzzling about it. CBS is already nationally and they already got good TV ratings in Texas and Missouri. Why pay more when you got the conference locked down for the long term? SEC is not exactly negotiating from position of strength here. ESPN might do the same to them.

Reaction Score
Clemson AD on Big12:

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10621

Of course, no one in their right mind would believe what a school official with knowledge and administrative responsibility says. Much more fun to quote some toothless dude from the WVU board or the legions of twitterati out there.

Reaction Score
Clemson AD on Big12:

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10621

Of course, no one in their right mind would believe what a school official with knowledge and administrative responsibility says. Much more fun to quote some toothless dude from the WVU board or the legions of twitterati out there.

This interview does nothing. It only says Clemson will do what's best for Clemson. This probably means if B12 comes calling, Clemson is gone. If FSU is gone, you can bet every FB school will be looking for an exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom