Classy quote by Herbst | The Boneyard

Classy quote by Herbst

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn president Susan Herbst also had this to say
"A decision has been made and it’s now time to move on to a stronger future that starts today. What cannot be lost here is how incredibly proud we are of our student-athletes. They are outstanding young men in the midst of a very tough season. Being a Division I athlete and a student is an enormous challenge, and we know how hard they are working and how deeply they care about succeeding for their university.
"What this team needs now as much as anything is the support of Husky fans everywhere. As we saw at our last home game, the amazing energy and highly-charged spirit of our fans breathes life into this team and that must continue and be repeated again and again. There is no substitute. Support from fans lifts players up and keeps a team going. It is essential to competing and achieving the levels of excellence we demand at UConn."
It says nothing surprising, but it sure beats her winning winners line.

Reaction Score
Boy would I love to see 35K at the USF game. One can hope can't he? Anything's possible now that our PP has been circumcised. :D

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Jacobs thinks Herbst had input into this decision. Although it's a guess, I think Jacobs might have some contacts in Herbst's circle.

Jacobs: Firing Pasqualoni was necessary
6. If Jeff Hathaway was AD and Phil Austin was still president, I do not believe it would have happened.

If this was Manuel and Phil Austin, I'm betting it still wouldn't have happened.

I'm guessing Susan Herbst was involved with this. I'm betting somebody with one step back away from the football and with one eye on the future probably said if you're going to make a change in six or weeks, why not get it over with in six or eight hours?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
3. Maybe I'm old school. Maybe I'm out of touch. Maybe I am naïve or even stupid. But, at its root, I don't like firing college coaches in the middle of a season. That should be reserved for the cheaters, the schemers, the nitwits, the maniacs. Or Lane Kiffin.

'Maybe, of course I just called for it in my prior column so maybe I'm just talking out my ass.'

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I think she basically just flipped off Chief

JohnFSilver 6:18pm via Web
President Susan Herbst on coaching change:I think it shows we are bold, want to win and succeed and we are incredibly serious about football
1) "By the way, Jim Delany and John Swofford are just swell guys! "

2) But this quote can't be accurate because I read she doesn't care about sports on the Boneyard. I mean who are you going to believe, the president of the university, or some guy on the internet?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Full opportunity to cheer your heads off for the team on Oct 12, 100% conflict free.

C

Chief00

I think she basically just flipped off Chief

JohnFSilver 6:18pm via Web
President Susan Herbst on coaching change:I think it shows we are bold, want to win and succeed and we are incredibly serious about football

Glad to know I influenced the decision. Pressure works. I am glad she came around - 10 months ago it would have been bold, now its a self preservation move.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Glad to know I influenced the decision. Pressure works. I am glad she came around - 10 months ago it would have been bold, now its a self preservation move.
86440219.RjTzeCqh.2wanker.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01