Class Rankings (Updated 11/12) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Class Rankings (Updated 11/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mathematically proven. The 2010 class won a national championship 66% of the time they were allowed to play in the tournament....I like it worded that way. They won more NCAA tournaments then they lost. No four year players outside of UCLA can say that.

Reaction Score
5. UCONN (AMERICAN)

No. 26 Alterique Gilbert, PG, Miller Grove (GA)
No. 28 Juwan Durham, PF, Tampa Prep (FL)
No. 51C Vance Jackson, SF/PF, St. John Bosco (CA)
No. 121C Mamadou Diarra, C, Putnam Science (CT)

This might just be the best class the Huskies have had since . That’s saying something. Gilbert fits the mold of successful point guards that have suited up in Storrs. He’ll be a fan favorite because of his competitiveness and winning spirit. Durham is the X-factor. How well will he be after recovering from injury? If he’s back to 100%, he’ll more than likely be the best big man in the American Conference. Jackson and Diarra add long-term stability for Kevin Ollie and crew.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3844-class-of-2016-team-rankings

Reaction Score
Ever since Hoopseen added Corey Evans, they've really done a nice job on recruiting news. Here's their superlatives for the AAC recruiting classes:

Best player: Alterique Gilbert, UConn
Best scorer: Andres Feliz, South Florida
Best shooter: Jarron Cumberland, Cincinnati
Best rebounder: Mamadou Diarra, UConn
Best shot-blocker: Nysier Brooks, Cincinnati
Best passer: Quentin Rose, Temple
Best athlete: Troy Baxter, South Florida
Best defender: Alterique Gilbert, UConn
Biggest sleeper: Quentin Rose, Temple
Biggest recruiting steal/storyline: UConn touches each part of nation
Best basketball IQ: Alterique Gilbert, UConn

Reaction Score
That's some high praise for Durham (if I read it correctly, saying that next year he would be the best big). But, let's also remember that he was a top 15 caliber recruit before he tore his first ACL. Big hopes for him if he comes back 100%.

Reaction Score
@tcf15 you think we're done for the '16 class? Haven't seen much on any other recruits.
One scholarship left for 2016 as of right now, but you're right, no reported offers left in the 2016 class for UConn. Maybe somebody will transfer to us midseason?

Ultimately, I think UConn is moving on to 2017, unless there's an indication during the season that one, two or all three of Brimah/Purvis/Hamilton are moving on to the next level. If that happens, there might be some more news about 2016 targets and offers.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
One scholarship left for 2016 as of right now, but you're right, no reported offers left in the 2016 class for UConn. Maybe somebody will transfer to us midseason?

Ultimately, I think UConn is moving on to 2017, unless there's an indication during the season that one, two or all three of Brimah/Purvis/Hamilton are moving on to the next level. If that happens, there might be some more news about 2016 targets and offers.
I've always had an inkling that Hamidou Diallo is waiting for Purvis's and Hamilton's draft decisions to decide between 2016 and 2017. If they both declare, we will need another wing/guard. I'd LOVE for Hamidou to reclass and for Makai Ashton Langford to go back to his original 2016 status. Losing Gibbs and Purvis and only replacing them with Alterique Gilbert will not be enough. We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom