CJ Jackson (Committed to Ohio State) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

CJ Jackson (Committed to Ohio State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many games did you watch to come to the conclusion he can help us though? Most people are drooling about this kid just because he's visiting. Even if he came here, he's not playing without an injury, he'd basically be another cassell. If he wants to be here, I'd welcome him and root my a ss off for him when he gets burn, but he isn't some hugely important player.

Are you new here? We postulate over every kid who visits whether it's Diamond Stone or Rakim Lubin and some posters instantly saying, "well he's the same size as Jeff Adrien, so...." And in this situation, can you blame us? We just watched a season where at times we simply could not score. In visiting is a player who had games of 5+ three pointers 9 times and dropped 44 and 39 in games. Even in high school he was called a "high level scorer." This is a unique skillset and one that might be worth getting excited over. Sure the competition in JUCO isn't the same, but that's something. Next, he would potentially be our fourth guard; a necessity in the college game and a guard who stats wise can really shoot it; another necessity.

Lastly, I've already read the hot dog thread, expressed my views on pizza, ketchup, sammiches, and "Chief's Briefs" and I do not like seafood. So here I am. Hoping we pick up another player.

Reaction Score
One of the best juco's we ever got was Alvin Fredrick. Old school - 6'4" could fly, attach the rim and shoot it.

Yep nice player, good kid. Had a wonderful mid range game with a 10-12 foot bank shot, used the glass well. Played against him twice when he was at Mattatuck CC prior to going to UConn, he flew and played hard. Very underrated player, solid double figure guy if I remember correctly for the Huskies.

Also Willie McCloud and Ray Broxton back in the day, nice pieces to teams who ultimately weren't all that good but were fun to watch. Did Eddie Williams go to jr college or just come straight out of the Army?

For the real old guys was Jimmy Foster a JC transfer or from another school? I think he was only 2 years with the Huskies but could be wrong. really good player

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Looking at his top 4, UConn is obviously the best school. But I guess it depends what he is looking for. Immediate and large amounts of playing time seems to favor both Missouri and New Mexico.
That would be a good choice. It doesn't seem he would see a bunch of playing time. Who sits? Whose minutes does steal? Unless of course, he may fit well the season after.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
The amount of UConn fans in here drooling over a JUCO kid theyve never heard about is disappointing to me.
Let's be honest, how many JUCO players do any of us really hear about prior to us potentially courting them?...

Reaction Score
This thread is 8 pages because its spun off in several different directions, who is drooling over him?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The amount of UConn fans in here drooling over a JUCO kid theyve never heard about is disappointing to me.

Quite frankly, this is an absurd statement - and you knew everything about KEA, Ray, EO, Ben, Giffs, etc way before they sniffed the Storrs campus?????????????

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How many games did you watch to come to the conclusion he can help us though? Most people are drooling about this kid just because he's visiting. Even if he came here, he's not playing without an injury, he'd basically be another cassell. If he wants to be here, I'd welcome him and root my a ss off for him when he gets burn, but he isn't some hugely important player.

And you know enough that he is a SamCJ clone - WOW

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll eat ketchup and turkey everyday between the announcement of player of the year and start of tournament if I'm wrong.
I knew you'd develop at taste for it. You got a win-win going.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody think we'd have been better this year with Kris Dunn, Wayne Selden, Bonzi Colson, and Diamond Stone?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep nice player, good kid. Had a wonderful mid range game with a 10-12 foot bank shot, used the glass well. Played against him twice when he was at Mattatuck CC prior to going to UConn, he flew and played hard. Very underrated player, solid double figure guy if I remember correctly for the Huskies.

Also Willie McCloud and Ray Broxton back in the day, nice pieces to teams who ultimately weren't all that good but were fun to watch. Did Eddie Williams go to jr college or just come straight out of the Army?

For the real old guys was Jimmy Foster a JC transfer or from another school? I think he was only 2 years with the Huskies but could be wrong. really good player

McCloud, Broxton and Frederick were some of my favorite UConn players.

With Jackson being a scrawny kid who gets aggressive I think of Juan Dixon or Sleepy Floyd. Not saying Jackson will be as good, but that body build can thrive in college.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Silly post. There's no drooling going on in this thread.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Now there is. :D

Reaction Score

Jimmy came from Becker Junior college. 2 year player that hurt his knee his first year with us and came back to have a great senior season. We lost the slow down game to BC in the NIT after leading big at halftime. We beat St Johns in the first round. That was a very aggravating night. I was too young to swear at the TV then.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this is an absurd statement - and you knew everything about KEA, Ray, EO, Ben, Giffs, etc way before they sniffed the Storrs campus?????????????
LOL, those guys were all Blue Chip players, this kid is playing at a junior college.

Reaction Score
Two words: Covington Cormier

Cup was great the beginning of that season and was eating away at KOs (then a sophomore) minutes. Cup was a great athlete and quick as hell. He just didn't know how to be a point guard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Cup was great the beginning of that season and was eating away at KOs (then a sophomore) minutes. Cup was a great athlete and quick as hell. He just didn't know how to be a point guard.
Cup was like a Tasmanian Devil wildly spinning around the court. Fast and athletic but totally out of control at all times. Nice guy though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
LOL, those guys were all Blue Chip players, this kid is playing at a junior college.
That's not the point, but oh well.......................... Carry on

BUConn10

Reaction Score
That's not the point, but oh well...... Carry on
Actually, that's the whole entire point. This is UConn, if you think the countries top 5 programs are regularly pursuing JUCO players then you are dead wrong. How many JUCO kids have Self, K, and Cal gone in to see lately? I don't want another Sam Cassell Jr. on this squad, things usually happen for a reason, ask yourself why this kid is playing at a junior college vs at a real university or prep school.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Actually, that's the whole entire point. This is UConn, if you think the countries top 5 programs are regularly pursuing JUCO players then you are dead wrong. How many JUCO kids have Self, K, and Cal gone in to see lately? I don't want another Sam Cassell Jr. on this squad, things usually happen for a reason, ask yourself why this kid is playing at a junior college vs at a real university or prep school.

You act like JC never did this. Additionally, I'd rather consider whether or not this particular player can help the team than further perpetuating ridiculous pen.is envy directed at UK or Duke. Our recruiting is doing quite well as it is.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
You act like JC never did this. Additionally, I'd rather consider whether or not this particular player can help the team than further perpetuating ridiculous pen.is envy directed at UK or Duke. Our recruiting is doing quite well as it is.
JC did do this your right, and the majority of Calhoun's JUCO guys ended up transferring out within a year, and people wonder why we got the APR ban, because of haphazard offers that were way below our caliber of play.

Reaction Score

Kentucky brought in a JuCo player this season.

Reaction Score
JC did do this your right, and the majority of Calhoun's JUCO guys ended up transferring out within a year, and people wonder why we got the APR ban, because of haphazard offers that were way below our caliber of play.

Selvie says hello.

You must be a young uconn fan because you act entitled and nothing is good enough unless they are top 25 players

You know the apr ban was for 2008-2009 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom