Cincinnati's Statement to Fans (Thursday) | The Boneyard

Cincinnati's Statement to Fans (Thursday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Special Update from Department of Athletics

As details of ongoing conference realignment continue to change, we want to communicate relevant information to our UCATS members, alumni, fans and friends of the University of Cincinnati. University leadership continues to work diligently to appropriately position the University of Cincinnati in the best possible position for long term success in each of its athletic programs.

Recent Statement from University of Cincinnati President, Dr. Gregory Williams

“Given the developments over the weekend concerning the Big East Conference, I want to make sure that the university community has been informed of our position concerning the conference realignment situation.

I am optimistic the University of Cincinnati will not only remain relevant in the major college football landscape but will also be a strong and committed partner to whatever grouping of schools with which we align. While these are indeed challenging times as several major conferences experience shifts, the University of Cincinnati has a strong athletics program as well as highly respected academic programs, and both are tremendous assets that will serve UC very well as the changing landscape is negotiated.

Our preference as an institution is to remain with the Big East Conference. I believe that the Big East is the conference best suited to our student-athletes' needs and our university's future goals and aspirations. We are not seeking to jump to another conference. At the same time, I do want to assure our Bearcat fans and our university community that UC is not sitting on the sidelines but is and has been working on this proactively to find the best scenario to fit our needs.

As you might imagine, there are aspects of the situation that I cannot divulge at this time. But I do want to emphasize that UC holds a strong position as we move forward because of our competitive athletics programs and our academic programs, many of which are top-ranked.

I want to assure you that while some are concerned that this conference realignment is occurring at a time when we do not have a permanent Athletic Director in place, I have full confidence in Interim AD Bob Arkeilpane. He is fully informed and involved on this issue. We are continuing to move forward on our efforts to conduct a search for a permanent AD.

Please be assured that we are pursuing the conference alignment issue in a manner that will serve the best interests of the University of Cincinnati and its campus community as well as our fans. I appreciate the support and loyalty our fans have demonstrated to our Bearcat teams, and I want to thank them for their continued support.”

Call to Action

The University of Cincinnati continues to be as proactive as an institution can be during these very fluid times. Know that all long term conference options are being reviewed and the strengths our university are being leveraged and articulated to most appropriately position our athletic programs. Our strengths are many and they are known.

There is no greater strength than that of our fan base and loyal supporters. There has never been a greater time to showcase the support of our programs, our university and the community involvement from the city of Cincinnati. As our programs continue to be placed in the national spotlight it remains imperative that we can demonstrate the strength of our support on the national stage.

On Thursday evening the University of Cincinnati will play host to North Carolina State during a national television broadcast that will be viewed by millions of households across the country. This game is one opportunity of many that we have to continuously display the university in the most positive light. You play a critical role in the current and future success of our programs.

As university leadership continues to work on our behalf we ask that you answer this important call to action and demonstrate ownership and support for this program, city and university. A strong showing at Nippert Stadium is further evidence to the current and future commitment to UC Athletics. The strength of our programs resides with the very investors that make our success a reality. We appreciate the role that each of you play and we encourage you to participate if you have yet to purchase tickets to the game. Please click HERE and use the special promotional code "BLACKOUT" to access $20 tickets to this important national game.

We can’t say thank you enough to the loyal supporters of Bearcats Athletics. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how you can help play a role in the ongoing success of our programs.

We will continue to share ever changing information as it relates to the future positioning of the University of Cincinnati.

Go Bearcats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought you might like a different school's POV. I got this in my UC email account on Thursday, probably because I own season tickets.

Reaction Score
Pretty much ever BE fball school is saying the same thing. We support a strong BE . . . . . . but we will be leaving at the first offer from the ACC, SEC, B1G or BIG12.

And why wouldn't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog