Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Chris Clarke (Committed to Virginia Tech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know our PGs can play the 2. But regardless, Clarke and Mack are not going to be competing with guys who can play the 1. You're going to have Hamilton or a SF/2 type out there at all times.

Williams and Larrier at VCU are actually pretty good players.
LOL, wut? We played 3 guards together very effectively in the biggest games possible last year, but it's never going to happen again. OK....

Reaction Score
LOL, wut? We played 3 guards together very effectively in the biggest games possible last year, but it's never going to happen again. OK....

Let me get this straight.

You believe Hamilton and Purvis will be sitting on the bench while Samuel, Adams and Cassell are playing? One of Hamilton and Purvis are going to be out there 95% of the time.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight.

You believe Hamilton and Purvis will be sitting on the bench while Samuel, Adams and Cassell are playing? One of Hamilton and Purvis are going to be out there 95% of the time.
Let me get this straight. You believe you know with certainty what our line ups will be when it comes to 5 players, 4 of whom have played 0 minutes in an actual UCONN game. Keep herp derping sir. Keep. Herp. Derping.

Reaction Score

http://basketball.realgm.com/articl...ll-Preview-14-15-American-Athletic-Conference

"Despite that guard depth, the hardest player for UConn to replace may be DeAndre Daniels. I wonder if Daniel Hamilton might be the answer in certain situations. Coaches like to have their four best players on the floor. And at 6’6” or 6’7”, if Hamilton can hold his own defending certain types of opposing big men, Kevin Ollie might be able to unleash a LETHAL (emphasis added) 4-guard attack at times this season."

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
And at 6’6” or 6’7”, if Hamilton can hold his own defending certain types of opposing big men, Kevin Ollie might be able to unleash a LETHAL (emphasis added) 4-guard attack at times this season.
Obviously nobody knows this with certainty, but I'd imagine we'll see very, very, very very little of a 4-guard lineup from UConn this season. While Hamilton is 6-foot-8, he's going to play much smaller than Daniels because of his wingspan, which is also 6-foot-8.

DeAndre's wingspan is 7-foot-2. Niels's is 6-foot-10. Those extra inches matter more than simple height.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Obviously nobody knows this with certainty, but I'd imagine we'll see very, very, very very little of a 4-guard lineup from UConn this season. While Hamilton is 6-foot-8, he's going to play much smaller than Daniels because of his wingspan, which is also 6-foot-8.

DeAndre's wingspan is 7-foot-2. Niels's is 6-foot-10. Those extra inches matter more than simple height.
doomed?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Plus we have more size and developed players in the post now.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. You believe you know with certainty what our line ups will be when it comes to 5 players, 4 of whom have played 0 minutes in an actual UCONN game. Keep herp derping sir. Keep. Herp. Derping.

We are not running 3 PGs at a time without Hamilton or Purvis on the floor. Hamilton and Purvis will be on he floor.

You're imagining a lineup that look like this?

T Samuel, S Cassell, Jalen Adams, Nolan and Brimah?

Where's my wing?

Reaction Score
A top tos said tonight that there is alot of buzz around uconn and clarke
Great. Let's just get one, Mack or Clark (or Jones, but a bird in the hand...), and wish the other the best.

Reactions: THC

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Confusing thread.
We need a wing because Purvis could go and, I guess there is some chance Hamilton could go (though I doubt it). However, it would not be inappropriate to ask Clarke or Mack to play behind Hamilton for a year or two. Don't get the arguement.

FWIW my uneducated ranking of our SF recruits
1) Jones
2) Mack
3) Clarke

But I'm happy with any of them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We need one of the three.

All three are different. I have a preference and one of the players doesn't completely strike me as a great fit, but I'm keeping that to myself as I probably do not know what --- I'm talking about. There's a lesson there for some of you.

Anywho, Chris Clarke reads like Donny Marshall to me.

Tell me that we can't use a Donny Marshall-type and I will punch you in the throat.

Reaction Score
Confusing thread.
We need a wing because Purvis could go and, I guess there is some chance Hamilton could go (though I doubt it). However, it would not be inappropriate to ask Clarke or Mack to play behind Hamilton for a year or two. Don't get the arguement.

FWIW my uneducated ranking of our SF recruits
1) Jones
2) Mack
3) Clarke

But I'm happy with any of them.
They are three very different players, Clarke has the best motor and could be a defensive monster.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In Ollie I trust
But yes, very different. Freakish athlete or incredible motor especially for defense or more an outside shooter we could probably use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom