Chief's Briefs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Overall yes, but the frontcourt is actually where we have significant depth.

Start Enoch and Facey, bring Durham and Brimah off the bench.

YOu can't be serious. The only reason we had a chance in that game after Adams left is because Brimah kept them from scoring on the inside again and again and again. More Enoch and less Brimah yesterday and we get blown out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Too many threes and players chucking up bombs against KO's wishes?

Norman Dale knew how to handle the situation.
Norman Dale had a few more players - I am sure

Reaction Score
YOu can't be serious. The only reason we had a chance in that game after Adams left is because Brimah kept them from scoring on the inside again and again and again. More Enoch and less Brimah yesterday and we get blown out.

Really? Because I remember at least 2-3 times where a guard scored right over Brimah.

Enoch is a non-entity on defense, but he at least provides something at one end.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really? Because I remember at least 2-3 times where a guard scored right over Brimah.

Enoch is a non-entity on defense, but he at least provides something at one end.
And I remember 4-5 times a guard tried to score and AB thwarted
AB has not improved since his freshman year and I know your mantra is "its on KO", but, with a roster of 7 there is very limited liberty to tweak with playing time

Reaction Score
Agree - and KO made it clear he wasn't happy with the team jacking up 3's the second half - going like 4-28 for the game. I would have focused more on getting the ball inside but we really lacked the guard play to even start an offense without Adams.
I will say this - I know it's popular with the casual fans, sports reporters and academic types giving a senior walk-on a ship but gee we could have used another marginally serviceable guard today.
How does giving the walk on a scholly make a difference? We had two schollies available and zero recruits on our radar with the season about to begin. We still have one free ship. I think it suck that we seem to have holes almost every year that KO can't seem to fill and we inevitably end up with an extra scholly or two. But giving the walk on one of two available schollies when the season was beginning made no difference. It was too late to get anyone else.

C

Chief00

Agree that Brimah got beat a few times on the high screen by Harper (who played great), but he also shut it down more times than not and forced some difficult shots. Alternatively, Enoch was getting beat badly. I am not clear why they weren't hedging on the screen and forcing Harper to go high to provide the guards more time to recover. Also, the weak side help against the drive off the high screen should have been better considering Auburn was a poor shooting team, so there was less concern about helping down to close off the lane. Overall, there was a lot of good things from Enoch to take away from this game. I thought he rebounded very well, did a fantastic job creating and converting in the post, and played good one on one defense on his man.
On defense is usually pretty good but we don't make on the fly adjustments well. That #1.guy kept beating us off the dribble and no hedging or weak side rotation. This little dude was beating us to the rim. He was quick but never should have happened.

C

Chief00

How does giving the walk on a scholly make a difference? We had two schollies available and zero recruits on our radar with the season about to begin. We still have one free ship. I think it suck that we seem to have holes almost every year that KO can't seem to fill and we inevitably end up with an extra scholly or two. But giving the walk on one of two available schollies when the season was beginning made no difference. It was too late to get anyone else.
My assessment is we should have had more recruits on our radar. You prioritize and have plan B, then C, then D etc. You evaluate categories so have options at different talent levels including Juco and academic or behavior risks. In recent years I sense APR scares us off some guys too easily.

Reaction Score

You didn't watch close enough bus, it happened to both on D. So without Enoch they aren't in the game in the first half as he can actually score and rebound, and catch. And even though he got beat twice, he did get rebounds in traffic, none of which the other had. Sorry this game you're way off target. More Enoch down the stretch and maybe we do throw it in and score enough to win. He demands the ball, moves his guy makes a much better passing lane for the guards than the stick figure. Because we all know the truth these guards won't throw it into AB unless it's an oop because nothing comes from it.

Hey it's only one game but he looked really good. have to see more for sure but for this one it was more Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom