Chief's Briefs | The Boneyard

Chief's Briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Saw some friends and the Faceys bros and was glad he played double/double well for them - although they got there very late.

Now to the game - it's a tough game if you can't shoot.

I have been saying Enoch has been the best Big many days in practice and hoping he is now getting use to the speed of the game.

While Facey was our best Big today - Enoch created space with his butt on an offensive move and he's our only Big who can do that.

Not sure why KO was playing Durham over Enoch toward end?

Not sure why we had Jackson throwing ball in with 1.4 seconds left when he is one of the few guys who can hit a 3.

Overall I thought KO coached well - just not enough horses.

Couldn't stop #1 off the dribble - need a PG to win and injuries have killed us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, this was only Facey's third career double-double and the other two were both against CCSU.

He stepped up, for sure.

C

Chief00

If I'm not mistaken, this was only Facey's third career double-double and the other two were both against CCSU.

He stepped up, for sure.

He may have had a double/double against Duke.

Reaction Score
Saw some friends and the Faceys bros and was glad he played double/double well for them - although they got there very late.

Now to the game - it's a tough game if you can't shoot.

I have been saying Enoch has been the best Big many days in practice and hoping he is now getting use to the speed of the game.

While Facey was our best Big today - Enoch created space with his butt on an offensive move and he's our only Big who can do that.

Not sure why KO was playing Durham over Enoch toward end?

Not sure why we had Jackson throwing ball in with 1.4 seconds left when he is one of the few guys who can hit a 3.

Overall I thought KO coached well - just not enough horses.

Couldn't stop #1 off the dribble - need a PG to win and injuries have killed us.
Did chief get to talk to hami?

Reaction Score
Brimiah still has no clue what to do on offense. When he caught the pass that would lead to his game tying shot, he looked shocked. Why want enochburries on the bench during the 2nd half of the 2nd half? I thought he was playing considerably better than brimiah all game.

Reaction Score
Brimiah still has no clue what to do on offense. When he caught the pass that would lead to his game tying shot, he looked shocked. Why want enochburries on the bench during the 2nd half of the 2nd half? I thought he was playing considerably better than brimiah all game.

Plainly and simply, it's time to move on from Brimah. He's not getting better, and the development of Enoch and Durham is more important. Even right now we'll probably get more out of the young guys.

Reaction Score

Auburn was going after Enoch hard on defense. He gave up a couple lay-ups in a row and Ollie pulled him for Brimah, who is unarguably a better rim protector.

I noticed that look Brimah gave when he caught the ball too, but he still hit the shot, and it was a pretty critical shot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Offensive for defensive swapping of Brimah and Enoch wouldn't be a bad thing in end game spots especially since Brimah can't make foul shots now .

Enoch has come a long way but I would still say Brimah is more effective defensively than Enoch is offensively so the net gain is still probably on Brimahs side but the margin is certainly thinning

Reaction Score
Auburn was going after Enoch hard on defense. He gave up a couple lay-ups in a row and Ollie pulled him for Brimah, who is unarguably a better rim protector.

I noticed that look Brimah gave when he caught the ball too, but he still hit the shot, and it was a pretty critical shot.

They went by Brimah too. Did he block a couple shots, yes. But he also got caught the same as Enoch too high and not moving his feet and swatting at nothing as the little guy blew by him for a lay up at least twice. All of our bigs get caught so it's not on Steve only. Fact is yesterday we had the other 2 bigs scoring the ball in the first half and they got very few if any chances to do so in the 2nd half, ridiculous.

Reality is the way Steve was playing on offense and the way he was rebounding the ball in traffic like a man, he was the better option and should have been playing more than he did. And Facey should have seen the ball more.

Reaction Score
Plainly and simply, it's time to move on from Brimah. He's not getting better, and the development of Enoch and Durham is more important. Even right now we'll probably get more out of the young guys.

Normally I'd agree with you, but given that there's only like 7 healthy dudes on the roster right now we need Brimah now more than ever.

C

Chief00

They went by Brimah too. Did he block a couple shots, yes. But he also got caught the same as Enoch too high and not moving his feet and swatting at nothing as the little guy blew by him for a lay up at least twice. All of our bigs get caught so it's not on Steve only. Fact is yesterday we had the other 2 bigs scoring the ball in the first half and they got very few if any chances to do so in the 2nd half, ridiculous.

Reality is the way Steve was playing on offense and the way he was rebounding the ball in traffic like a man, he was the better option and should have been playing more than he did. And Facey should have seen the ball more.
Agree - and KO made it clear he wasn't happy with the team jacking up 3's the second half - going like 4-28 for the game. I would have focused more on getting the ball inside but we really lacked the guard play to even start an offense without Adams.
I will say this - I know it's popular with the casual fans, sports reporters and academic types giving a senior walk-on a ship but gee we could have used another marginally serviceable guard today.

Reaction Score

Agree that Brimah got beat a few times on the high screen by Harper (who played great), but he also shut it down more times than not and forced some difficult shots. Alternatively, Enoch was getting beat badly. I am not clear why they weren't hedging on the screen and forcing Harper to go high to provide the guards more time to recover. Also, the weak side help against the drive off the high screen should have been better considering Auburn was a poor shooting team, so there was less concern about helping down to close off the lane. Overall, there was a lot of good things from Enoch to take away from this game. I thought he rebounded very well, did a fantastic job creating and converting in the post, and played good one on one defense on his man.

C

Chief00

Offensive for defensive swapping of Brimah and Enoch wouldn't be a bad thing in end game spots especially since Brimah can't make foul shots now .

Enoch has come a long way but I would still say Brimah is more effective defensively than Enoch is offensively so the net gain is still probably on Brimahs side but the margin is certainly thinning

I am not a big fan of offense / defense swapping except on a very limited situational basis - cuz basketball is a flow sport and it's not always possible to get a stoppage of play. Brimah did have a few nice blocks but his hedging except on 1 play was really bad.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Too many threes and players chucking up bombs against KO's wishes?

Norman Dale knew how to handle the situation.

Reaction Score
Agree that Brimah got beat a few times on the high screen by Harper (who played great), but he also shut it down more times than not and forced some difficult shots. Alternatively, Enoch was getting beat badly. I am not clear why they weren't hedging on the screen and forcing Harper to go high to provide the guards more time to recover. Also, the weak side help against the drive off the high screen should have been better considering Auburn was a poor shooting team, so there was less concern about helping down to close off the lane. Overall, there was a lot of good things from Enoch to take away from this game. I thought he rebounded very well, did a fantastic job creating and converting in the post, and played good one on one defense on his man.

Neither are very smart in their hedging as they basically hedge the same on all players. Both Steve and Amida hedged too high with the little guy who wants to go to the hoop and shoot it from the perimeter less. Stay low give yourself the angle on him so he can't beat you badly. Agree on Steve saw some good things that make you believe eventually he may get it and be a force. Greenberg really liked him but I don't put all that much on his word doubt he's seen him that much, but they do get the potential. Kids shoulders are massive, now he needs to get a feel for the defensive side and he could be the real deal.

Brimah blocked 3 shots and changed a couple but he had a really bad game. His fouls were stupid as hell, the swing straight down on Heron proves he still just wants to block shots and doesn't care where it goes. He swings, misses and commits a stupid foul to boot. And he had 2 times he left his guy to swing and miss (too late to the party) while his guy had a tap in and put back. 2 rebounds is all we get, and there once again were numerous that go by his nose and past his hands that should be his. I know many of you love him, and he's had some good games this year but games like this, he just needs to play less he kills us sorry. He got beat once by the little guard off the foul line extended and turned and yelled at Vital who was on the other side? What the hell was he supposed to do? We were a much better team with Facey and Enoch in the game yesterday, not at all saying every game, but yesterday for sure.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd agree with you, but given that there's only like 7 healthy dudes on the roster right now we need Brimah now more than ever.

Overall yes, but the frontcourt is actually where we have significant depth.

Start Enoch and Facey, bring Durham and Brimah off the bench.

Reaction Score
Durham has been the least effective player in the rotation. It's hard to know what he's good at yet or what type of player he even is.

He averages 9 mins/game and 1.2 and 1.1.

It might be just the injury recovery and we'll see a new player next year. Can he be a poor man's Aldridge?

Reaction Score

I would prefer to give Amidah spot minutes simply to develop Enoch and Durham in this developmental season, especially if Hami doesn't join. It is a tough, and possibly impossible decision for KO to make though; AB is still the most consistently impactful big and he is a SR. captain.

Reaction Score
Durham has been the least effective player in the rotation. It's hard to know what he's good at yet or what type of player he even is.

He averages 9 mins/game and 1.2 and 1.1.

It might be just the injury recovery and we'll see a new player next year. Can he be a poor man's Aldridge?

Agreed, though at times vance Jackson gIves him a run for his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom