Chief’s Briefs / San Diego State | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs / San Diego State

Reaction Score
Cam Spencer made 2/3rds of his shots and led us with 16 points in the first half,when everyone else was cold.

I thought Castle was outstanding in the second half in all phases of the game. He finished with 11 rebounds and 16 points. I hope that huge foul by LeDee doesn’t impact him on a quick turnaround.

Tristen was very good throughout the game with 17 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists, he is always in the right place at the right time and that’s not a coincidence.

Normally, when you get 12 offensive rebounds in a half, you have many second chance points. However, we missed so many of them early, but as the game went on we started to convert off our offensive rebounds.

Donovan had a lid on the basket early, but give LeDee credit for using his strength to throw Donovan out of his rhythm. LeDee also had almost half of SD State’s first half points. While the officials over-all did a good job, they allowed LeDee to bump Donovan throughout each possession. But, Donovan finished well the second half and down LeDee’s offense.

Karaban hit a couple shots early but missed some knockout type threes that would have given us further separation. Again, I think more movement on offense might have gotten him going. He did defend and rebound.

We got 27 rebounds tonight from our guard position, which helped the effort. And led the other team by 21 rebounds. Diarra is amazing with his 3’s, rebounds, defense, and drives.
A big 30 point win.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t have gone any better. We got lucky Castle didn’t get hurt taking those hard fouls.
Moving on…

Reaction Score
Great win! Before tonight, when was the last time someone won a Sweet 16 game by 30 or more? Someone said they mentioned it on air, but I missed it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Great win! Before tonight, when was the last time someone won a Sweet 16 game by 30 or more? Someone said they mentioned it on air, but I missed it.
I think it was Kansas in 2017. Think they said they won by 32.

Complete, impressive win.

Reaction Score
Was 32 by some other team

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If your an opponent stay away from Castle he's chisseled. UConn discipline vs I'll athleticism. Great Briefs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Going to need that defensive effort on the guards vs Illinois
Their guards could eat up Cam and Newton with their quickness.
DH may want to play 4 guards at one time!!! Go small ball vs that team

Reaction Score
Going to need that defensive effort on the guards vs Illinois
Their guards could eat up Cam and Newton with their quickness.
DH may want to play 4 guards at one time!!! Go small ball vs that team
I agree, it will be interesting to see what carries the day. I just have a feeling Alex is going to go off, he’s due. I hope that turns out to be true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom