Cheickna Dembele | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cheickna Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And doesn't get pushed under the basket by most every other big? I agree I'm in. And at some point we will need a "Wane, Chuck, Phil" type if Brown is really good anyway. SE may end up a true PF, never enough shooters and big bodies.
Agree. Most teams have a big off the bench that can steal you a few minutes, though he needs to have enough BBIQ to find the floor. The other benefit to landing an unheralded recruit is he won't scare away 2017 targets. Some will point out that Zack Brown has already committed, but he's just a verbal and can easily change his mind or get into more trouble and not ever arrive here. Now of course if we're able to land a very talented big man in this class, I take the bird in the hand.

Also, every single season there are a number of players that were modest to poorly ranked, that turned out to be very good players. You simply can't go by the rankings. You must go by the eye test and trust the staff, though taking into consideration that players added at this late stage aren't always identified because they're diamonds in the rough, rather the next best player available who might be a reach at this level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dembele will go down in history for being the first recruit Hobbs and our staff compete for.

Reaction Score
Dembele will go down in history for being the first recruit Hobbs and our staff compete for.
I think we're just doing our due diligence with him and bet he ends up in Orange. Cuse HEAVILY recruited Thompson. Reports of their assistants at Brewster all throughout the winter. Now, you hear nothing about them at Brewster and they're watching/offered Dembele. The tea leaves say Cuse is out on Thompson. This leads me to believe it's between UConn and Seton Hall for him. If we don't get a commitment or at least very positive vibes after his visit (I think we will) then we probably offer Dembele who seems to be the next best available high school big man in '16.

Reaction Score
I'm not too worried about a 153 ranking. I mean wasn't Emeka somewhere around 100? Rankings don't mean a ton.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm not too worried about a 153 ranking. I mean wasn't Emeka somewhere around 100? Rankings don't mean a ton.

Agreed about the rankings. Every Duke and UK player jumps in the rankings along with some others when they sign with certain programs, but UConn though the years has done pretty well with lower ranked players, the four NCAA championships proves that.

Reaction Score
ign him.He is big, seems to have decent hands and has the body to rebound. SI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member