Chat for Friday - Serious Question - Need Input | The Boneyard

Chat for Friday - Serious Question - Need Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So there's a kind of new/old link at the top of the board for a chat that doesn't allow the pop out window. Last time we couldn't create a new room so I started a web based IRC chat.

I've talked to Tom and he's given me the admin keys for the top of the board chat so I can make a new room.

But it seemed everyone was able to follow simple instructions to get to the web based IRC chat and I think people generally liked the format.

More importantly, it seems there is some serious mojo that came from the new way.

So serious question - which would you like me to set up on Friday? The top of board chat or the new web based mibbit/IRC chat?

And a second question - does anyone want anything setup for the games on Thursday?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd like something for Thursday now that my other plans fell through. And hell yes do whatever you did on Saturday

Reaction Score
Wow a serious question? IRC worked pretty well for the nova game. It was tough on the iPhone but for everyone else it was nice.

Reaction Score
How are we gonna chat if we are all at MSG!?

Plus, in 2011 we didn't have any chat. We used game threads and effed up!

Game threads bishes, game threads.

Reaction Score
The chat was a few seconds ahead of the tv. I actually peaked at the chat during tense moments because I was scared.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How are we gonna chat if we are all at MSG!?

Plus, in 2011 we didn't have any chat. We used game threads and effed up!

Game threads bishes, game threads.
Trust me - we had chats in 2011 - ask Suzy about my chat mojo.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'd like something for Thursday now that my other plans fell through. And hell yes do whatever you did on Saturday
OK - I can't be here before the time the game starts tomorrow so I'll create it now. Hopefully, I stay connected.

Go to this link: mibbit chat
Put in your nick name and put #UConn for the channel

I'll be here about 8:15 eastern time.

For the duration, this will be open to chat for anyone at anytime.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
For the record and so Tom doesn't just get rid of it, I like the look of the chat built into the board better than the new one. It has a cleaner look and was a little easier for me to go from the TV to read the chat. I'm not arguing to use it for Friday, but find a way to make it work better if possible.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Didn't need an ignore function for the Nova game but really missed it during St Joe's -- and the xCuse fan trolls are likely to be out in force this weekend. I also found the mibbet screen to be a little easier to read.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The only problem I had with the new chat was I kept getting kicked off.
I use my android to chat during commercial's and I would get kicked off if my phone went into sleep mode.

Just a heads up!

It wasn't that big of a deal to sign back in so in the long run I liked it better because we could cuss! Lol

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
We're open now.

Go to this link: mibbit chat
Put in your nick name and put #UConn for the channel

Reaction Score
Soo are we using this chat tonight like for the nova game? Or the one at the top of the board?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
We'll be using the weblink IRC that. I'll put up a sticky thread in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom