Chasz Wright... Come on down (or up I guess) | The Boneyard

Chasz Wright... Come on down (or up I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/01/report-virginia-ol-commits-to-uconn.html

>>Report: Virginia OL commits to UConn

According to the rivals site, offensive lineman Chasz Wright has committed to UConn.

The 6-foot-7, 274-pound Wright out of Hylton High School in Woodbridge, Va. becomes the third offensive lineman to commit to UConn.

According to rivals he was also holding offers from North Carolina State and Penn State.

Wright helped Hylton to an 11-3 record and a trip to Virginia's 3A Division 6 semifinals as a senior. On offense he helped pave the way for a pair of 1,200-yard rushers and on defense he had 55 tackles, seven sacks, 11 tackles for losses and a safety."<<

247 Sports has him as 100 OL in country and 37 ranked player in State of Virginia.

Reaction Score
quite a roll with closing the past few days. Nice offers too.

**suspend all HCPP firing calls until recruiting season closes**

Love it.

Reaction Score
Man, I need to pinch myself. Awesome.

Had to borrow this from Jungle Husky

thats-a-bingo.gif

Reaction Score
Um, at the risk of being Debby Downer, he has had issues with grades. I don't think this is a lock just yet. It's been a great week and i am optimistic, but I do worry about how aligned the AD and the admissions offices are. If this guy signsand we add another DL or 2, we might even force HFD to return!

Reaction Score
Um, at the risk of being Debby Downer, he has had issues with grades. I don't think this is a lock just yet. It's been a great week and i am optimistic, but I do worry about how aligned the AD and the admissions offices are. If this guy signsand we add another DL or 2, we might even force HFD to return!

I saw that Rivals may have jumped the gun and are trying to verify... also read that he may be coming up this weekend to be sure all is resolved. Guess we call it "pending".

Reaction Score
Posted a youtube vid over in the commit section. Lots of potential. Needs a little technique to become a solid OT imho. Avg 3* composite on 247 also interest from Va as well as the others. Hope it pans out.

Reaction Score
Rivals said 3.1 gpa. ??

Reaction Score
Rivals said 3.1 gpa. ??

Maybe it was just the matter of getting a qualifying SAT/ACT score. You never know with the NCAA clearinghouse though. A kid can have the GPA, but not have the core course work required. This may be his official to meet with admissions and finalize the process, or it could be a visit to convince him to grey shirt and prep for a semester and enroll next January. Likely won't know until for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom