Charlie Creme's First Bracket - UConn Sent to | The Boneyard

Charlie Creme's First Bracket - UConn Sent to

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would love to see Baylor in Duke's region.

USC (S. Carolina) would have a real shot at Stanford, IMO.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So, according to Creme, the overall #1 seed will be sent to play on the home court of a #2 seed (in conf foe for possible 4th match-up) while Duke is sent to play on the only neutral court. And this is because Louisville is closer to Storrs than Lincoln and would result in UConn and its fans having to spend an hour less in an airplane? The logic of this escapes me.

HGN

Reaction Score
So, according to Creme, the overall #1 seed will be sent to play on the home court of a #2 seed (in conf foe for possible 4th match-up) while Duke is sent to play on the only neutral court. And this is because Louisville is closer to Storrs than Lincoln and would result in UConn and its fans having to spend an hour less in an airplane? The logic of this escapes me.
It's escaping both of us.

Reaction Score
I'd hate to see Louisville deprive UConn of the pleasure of kicking some Orange butt. Louisville hasn't earned the right yet, those newbies!

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Based on those brackets, out of The Lincoln Region, Baylor, LSU or Okla St should make it to the final four.:rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would love that bracket. However, does it match up with UCONN possibly facing ND in the final 4 rather than the NC game? That can't happen. So much more basketball to be played, but as of right now that seems close to right.

Also, UCONN plays L'ville twice this year. then possibly once in the AAC tourney. To put them in the L'ville bracket makes little sense. Would rather see us in Nebraska.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I would love that bracket. However, does it match up with UCONN possibly facing ND in the final 4 rather than the NC game? That can't happen. So much more basketball to be played, but as of right now that seems close to right.

Also, UCONN plays L'ville twice this year. then possibly once in the AAC tourney. To put them in the L'ville bracket makes little sense. Would rather see us in Nebraska.[/quote]

Me, too, but I'm being selfish. It's a day's drive from Wisconsin and I have relatives there!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I feel that RU will be worthy of a seed much higher than a 10 seed by season's ends.

However know how the NCAA has gifted Rutgers in past years with having to go play the site's home team either in the first or second rounds this wouldn't surprise me.

Also I don't think we're a 10 seed.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Here is why Charlie thinks UConn will go to Louisville: The overall top seed "will be assigned to the closest geographical proximity site."

However, I am quoting the 2013 rules, as the 2014 rules are not yet available, they haven't yet changed the rules to say:
"will be assigned to the closest AVAILABLE geographical proximity site."

Notre Dame is closest, but barring a collapse by ND (or UConn) which makes one of the something other than a one seed, UConn is not going to Notre Dame.

It is easy to make a case that Nebraska is the closest (because it is the only) site which is close to neutral, and the top overall seed deserves the best path. However, don't spend much time on that argument. It isn't the rule and hasn't been for years.

The committee doesn't like to set up a bracket in which teams who have met three times already could meet prior to the FF. However, they have done so, and it is not a violation of the Principles.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Which is all warmup for my out of the box proposal:

It is in the best interest of Louisville to lose enough games (other than against UConn) to ensure that they get a three or worse seed.

Why?

Because it isn't just biased UConn fans who think UConn is the elephant in the room, and even if you think UConn might stumble, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who honestly expects that UConn will stumble prior to the FF.

Which mean on selection Sunday or Monday or whenever, the first thing every team will be looking for is whether they are in or not in UConn's bracket, and secondarily, who they are slated to play.

Louisville's best chance of getting to Nashville is to have anyone other than UConn in their bracket.

And they can ensure that if they are a three seed or worse.

The principles say (subject to the fact that this year's have not been written and if they read this, they may get modified):

Conference teams shall not meet prior to the regional
final unless a ninth team is selected from a conference.

We can safely assume that there will not be nine teams from the AAC. Which means if Louisville is a three seed or worse, they cannot put UConn in the same bracket as Louisville.

If I am reading the principles correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom