Charles, Stokes, Cash vs. Montgomery, Jones, and Moore | The Boneyard

Charles, Stokes, Cash vs. Montgomery, Jones, and Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What an amazing thing to see when you turn on the TV and the Liberty/ Lynx game is on. To see six of the ten players on the court being UCONN alum.... And Stokes is receiving some major minutes... Great to see Jones back out on the court.

Personally I would love to see all ten players be UCONN players but then again I am greedy ;)

Reaction Score
What an amazing thing to see when you turn on the TV and the Liberty/ Lynx game is on. To see six of the ten players on the court being UCONN alum.... And Stokes is receiving some major minutes... Great to see Jones back out on the court.

Personally I would love to see all ten players be UCONN players but then again I am greedy ;)
That would be so awesome. Now you got me thinking about which games that could possibly happen just based on rosters!

Reaction Score
Well at one point the Connecticut SUN had something like 6 of their 11 players with UCONN ties... now.. I do not believe they have one? Is Faris still part of the team? I stopped watching... cannot stand Donavon...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Watched the last few minutes:
Kiah is a monster on D
Her blocks are way down
for a simple reason...Folks cruising her way see her sliding over
and turn right around going back to whence they came
Second coming of Darrelle Revis

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Watched the last few minutes:
Kiah is a monster on D
Her blocks are way down
for a simple reason...Folks cruising her way see her sliding over
and turn right around going back to whence they came
Second coming of Darrelle Revis
LOL I can totally picture that. Exit stage right... no left... yikes!!

Reaction Score
I think a strong argument could be made for Kiah to get the 6th Woman award this year. Probably the best stat that shows her impact on the game is "+/-" which the WNBA does not track on cumulative or average basis. Usually Kiah has the biggest positive "+/-" on the Liberty on a game by game basis. Essentially this means that the Liberty, as a team, outscores their opponents by a bigger gap when Kiah is in the game. The league leading defense that the Liberty has accomplished this year has been due, in part, to Stokes.

The criteria for 6th Woman is less than half a player's game appearances being starts. Ivory Latta has come off the bench in a lot of the Mystic's games this year, so if she meets this criteria, she will probably get it. Other contenders could be Adams at San Antonio and, of course, last years winner, Allie Quigley.

Reaction Score
I think a strong argument could be made for Kiah to get the 6th Woman award this year. Probably the best stat that shows her impact on the game is "+/-" which the WNBA does not track on cumulative or average basis. Usually Kiah has the biggest positive "+/-" on the Liberty on a game by game basis. Essentially this means that the Liberty, as a team, outscores their opponents by a bigger gap when Kiah is in the game. The league leading defense that the Liberty has accomplished this year has been due, in part, to Stokes.

The criteria for 6th Woman is less than half a player's game appearances being starts. Ivory Latta has come off the bench in a lot of the Mystic's games this year, so if she meets this criteria, she will probably get it. Other contenders could be Adams at San Antonio and, of course, last years winner, Allie Quigley.

Tonight's game against the Sun is an excellent example of what Kiah has been doing all season: 30 Minutes, 12 pts (6/8), and 10 rebounds. Her "+/-" was 23 while the next highest on the team was 12.

Reaction Score
The wnba refereeing really is a joke. I started watching the men play at first, but really over time equally enjoy watching the women. However the refs are ruining the wnba. The calls are a complete joke and it's easy to see why it lacks viewers. I think I'm done after today. College is awesome but I would be suprised if the wnba exists ten years from now.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The wnba refereeing really is a joke. I started watching the men play at first, but really over time equally enjoy watching the women. However the refs are ruining the wnba. The calls are a complete joke and it's easy to see why it lacks viewers. I think I'm done after today. College is awesome but I would be suprised if the wnba exists ten years from now.
Be advised, however, that WCBB referees--some of whom are good people, I assume--occasionally fall short of the virtuosity ideal.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That would be so awesome. Now you got me thinking about which games that could possibly happen just based on rosters!
Impossible currently. No team has five Uconn grads, in fact I think the most is 3 on any team this year - and these two teams are it.

I think the Sun at one point had four Uconn grads, but I think the only 'post grad team' that has had more is the USA national team with six, though they never played with five Uconn players on the floor at once. And I believe the only time they could have had six on the floor would have been a hypothetical match-up against Russia with Sveta (who is no longer on the Russian national team.)
So ... enjoy that moment, and we may get it again in the finals this year.

Reaction Score
While Piph led the Liberty in points, the UConn contingent of Swin, Tina and Kiah contributed 20 rebounds and 38 points.
What I really liked about Kiah's play last night was her moves to the basket, without the ball, and her teammates passing her the ball. The confidence in Kiah continues to grow, particularly with Tina.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Rixxx said:
What I really liked about Kiah's play last night was her moves to the basket, without the ball, and her teammates passing her the ball. The confidence in Kiah continues to grow, particularly with Tina.

Some great hi-lo passed from Tina to Kiah for sure! I love seeing efficient scoring lines from Kiah such as 6-8 FG - That's so money.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Didn't see the game but wonderful line from Kiah: 6-8, 12 points, 10 boards, +23, a block and a steal.

Her effect on a game is palpable. +23, give me a break.

She limits scoring...period.

And she's going to get better...and better; she's just figuring it out.
Maybe it's the profit motive
Maybe it's the Garden.
Maybe Bill and Herb are a better match for her than Geno and CD

Who knows?

If she continues to grow at this rate , she may wind up a serious candidate for the Olympics.

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69