Chapman a Yankee? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chapman a Yankee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wanted the Giants to sign Greg Hardy. Ill take an who dominates on the field over a nice guy who sucks any day.

Too bad you feel those are the only choices.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Jesus, do you want to give them anything else?

Yes. Throw in Freddy Seyz and John Sterling. Seriously, please take John Sterling.

Reaction Score
Every team has guys who cheat on their wives and maybe do coke or whatever, but abusing women is a different level.

We don't know for sure what Chapman did but I find his story hard to believe. He claims he merely "poked" her shoulder and yet was angry enough to fire off 8 rounds in his garage his anger was so high. There are plenty of instances of abuse where the abuser isn't arrested for lack of evidence.

Regardless, the most important thing is that the organization that wants you to believe they are so classy will get more upset with you if you have facial hair than if you have allegedly abused a woman, have a history of being a hothead and fired a gun recklessly 8 times.

But he'll be a hell of a reliever for you.

Reaction Score
Every team has guys who cheat on their wives and maybe do coke or whatever, but abusing women is a different level.

We don't know for sure what Chapman did but I find his story hard to believe. He claims he merely "poked" her shoulder and yet was angry enough to fire off 8 rounds in his garage his anger was so high. There are plenty of instances of abuse where the abuser isn't arrested for lack of evidence.

Regardless, the most important thing is that the organization that wants you to believe they are so classy will get more upset with you if you have facial hair than if you have allegedly abused a woman, have a history of being a hothead and fired a gun recklessly 8 times.

But he'll be a hell of a reliever for you.

Fair enough and I agree for the most part, especially the gun which is beyond stupid. But looking at her tells you there was no "abuse" per se, but who knows for sure. No matter, he was stupid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fair enough and I agree for the most part, especially the gun which is beyond stupid. But looking at her tells you there was no "abuse" per se, but who knows for sure. No matter, he was stupid.

Not being a dick at all, but you can't tell that from photos. You can confirm abuse if there's a ton of bruises and marks, but the absence of them means nothing. You could crush someones face into the floor for a long time without there being marks. Or hold their head under water. Choke them without pressure. Or whatever. I have no idea what the deal was here, just saying.

This is one of the reasons abuse charges are so difficult to make stick.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No doubt Chapman is a basket case. That's why he was on the block to begin with. A guy with this kind of arm doesn't become available via trade at such a deep discount without off the field issues. We'll see how he does in New York. He's certainly not the first guy with off-field problems to play in New York, nor will he be the last. The constant media scrutiny will either destroy him or playing in pinstripes will take his game to the next level. There's no in-between here. It's certainly a risk, but at such a minimal investment, the Yankees would have been foolish to pass this up.

Given a choice between the two, I'd rather have Kimbrel. No question about that. But at the cost and knowing this is essentially a 1-year trial run before Chapman hits free agency (which will recoup a draft pick in return for the Yankees), it's not that bad of a risk.

Either way, the Yanks still need to address their SP. If that means moving Gardner or liquidating some of their minor league chips, then so be it. You can't have a 7-8-9 bullpen like this and not go all in.

Reaction Score
Not being a dick at all, but you can't tell that from photos. You can confirm abuse if there's a ton of bruises and marks, but the absence of them means nothing. You could crush someones face into the floor for a long time without there being marks. Or hold their head under water. Choke them without pressure. Or whatever. I have no idea what the deal was here, just saying.

This is one of the reasons abuse charges are so difficult to make stick.

We'll need to get Law & Order SVU for you then, hang in there it'll be 20 minutes or so.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We'll need to get Law & Order SVU for you then, hang in there it'll be 20 minutes or so.

Hmmm. That's actually pretty quick under the circumstances.

Reaction Score
Either way, the Yanks still need to address their SP. If that means moving Gardner or liquidating some of their minor league chips, then so be it. You can't have a 7-8-9 bullpen like this and not go all in.

Go read River Ave Blues

They have plenty of pitching. All of the 6 guys that could be penciled into the starting rotation right now have had periods of dominance (except maybe CC, tho there is some basis to expect improvement from him as well). What they lack is consistency. Frankly, having 3 shutdown arms in the pen is exactly the recipe for a team with starters that will be on a short leash and pitching into the 7th could be quite a rarity.

Beyond which, while they're trying to get younger, the core is still aging and also lacks reliability. Almost the entirety of the offense has injury or age related fatigue concerns.

This is not a team that should blow up their long term plans for an "all in" year. Nor are they going to. The last time they did that was only 2 years ago and that has been nearly a disaster.

The team has potential. Much like they did last year when they held an 8 game lead in the AL East on July 29th. Adding a starting pitcher is not going to make the problems this team had last year go away. Without major changes in their fortunes compared to last season, blowing half the farm system for any pitcher would likely be worth no more than losing the Divisional Round vs. the Wild Card Game.

Reaction Score
Yanks lost Drew to the Nationals they're screwed offensively. 17 HR's out the window and a few singles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom