Changes at Syracuse | The Boneyard

Changes at Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse AD Daryl Gross is out, according to Syracuse.com. He will stay on at the university.

It is unclear whether he resigned or was fired. Gross will remain in a position with the university, a source with direct knowledge said. An announcement is expected this morning, sources said.

Gross was not implicated for wrongdoing in the basketball program’s recent academic scandal. Though, he did orchestrate the athletic department’s Fab Melo eligibility conference in 2012.

Gross was in his 10th year at Syracuse. He took the Orange from the Big East to the ACC. He was the impetus behind USC hiring Pete Carroll while he was an associate AD.

[UPDATE: After the AD news surfaced, Syracuse announced that basketball coach Jim Boeheim will retire in three years.]

Reaction Score
He also dropped Orangemen, hired Greg Robinson, and let Syracuse football program to become like Rutgers circa Terry Shea.

Oh, can't forget the 5 years probation for basketball and football either!

Reaction Score
He also dropped Orangemen, hired Greg Robinson, and let Syracuse football program to become like Rutgers circa Terry Shea.

Oh, can't forget the 5 years probation for basketball and football either!
Wasn't it Gross who fired PP after losing to RU and refusing to release his buddy GDL? Cuse FB has never been the same !!

Reaction Score
So basically he is responsible for 2 schools going on probation...cool!

Aside to Syracuse...Warde would be great. He'd get your academic program cleaned up and you could get a new logo that has nothing to do with your school...I'm thinking a pear.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
So basically he is responsible for 2 schools going on probation...cool!

Aside to Syracuse...Warde would be great. He'd get your academic program cleaned up and you could get a new logo that has nothing to do with your school...I'm thinking a pear.

The Syracuse Snowballs. Perfect for them. It melts in March.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wasn't it Gross who fired PP after losing to RU and refusing to release his buddy GDL? Cuse FB has never been the same !!

No - he basically fired P at half-time of their bowl loss to Georgia Tech.

They announced that P would be back for another season earlier in the month and then saw what happened in the Champs Bowl and belatedly concluded that P was a walking disaster. (And then they hired Greg Robinson to make things worse...)

Reaction Score
Anybody that loses to Rutgers should be fired.
No I think this was when RU FB went through the Terry Shea regime and regressed from Di ck Anderson and Doug Graber mediocre teams...I think it was Anderson a former Jopa assistant from PSU who went up there and beat them in 88...I still remember the 91 RU/VT 50-49 last second win on a Bryan Fortay pass after never leading as time ran out. Yeah Shea was our P. No shame losing to RU in FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom