Champions & Europa week 5 | The Boneyard

Champions & Europa week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some meaningful European matches the next 3 days.
Tuesday - UCL
- Arsenal v Dinamo Zagreb in an absolute must win for Arsenal (and ideally by a couple of goals) if they want any shot of getting out of group play. They also need Bayern to handle their business over Olympiakos. That would set up a "play-in" type match for Arsenal @ Olympiakos Dec 9th where they will be even on points and Olymp currently has a 4 goal advantage on GD). Yes, I pull for all English clubs (even Arsenal) in UCL group stage as the league needs their clubs to do well if they want to keep their 4th spot in UCL...I go shower now.
- Chelsea @ Macaabi Tel Aviv. Chelsea win, coupled with Porto beating Dynamo Kyiv puts Chelsea thru to the knockout round. This should definitely happen.
Barca v Roma - a Barca win, followed by Roma losing the following game to BATE Borisov (or Leverkussen getting a draw at Barca keeps the Italian side from getting thru.
Wednesday - UCL
- Man U v PSV Eindhoven - A win here puts United into the knockout stage.
Atletico Madrid v Galatasaray - A Madird win puts them thru, a loss puts them in a very precarious must win situation at group leaders Benfica in a couple weeks.
- Man City @ Juventus - City just need a point to ensure they are thru. If they lose, they may need a win or draw at M'gladbach in a couple weeks if they want to advance (depending on what Sevilla does). Ideally you want City and Sevilla (plays @ M'gladbach) to win this week, and then Sevilla to beat Juve in a couple weeks to keep the Italians from advancing to knockout stage.
Thursday - Europa
- Spurs @ Qabarg (in Azarbajani sp?). not an ideal Thursday away game (3,000 miles form London) when SPurs come home to play Chelsea 3 days later. A win puts Spurs thru to knockout round and takes all pressure off their final game v Monaco. A loss or draw and they may need to get a result v Monaco in a couple of weeks. Hoping they jump to a comfortable lead and can sit Kane, Ericksen, and a defender for meaningful minutes.
- Liverpool v Bordeaux - a win puts Liverpool thru to knockout round. A loss or draw means they must produce points v Sion in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
I'm able to watch the games today and here's an earth shattering observation.... Barcelona is really, really good. Up5-0 on Roma with 30 minutes left to play. Suarez and Messing each with a brace so far.
Also, things are going Arsenals way so far. Up 2-0 in 2nd half (should be more) and Bayern up 3-0 on Olympiakos. If things remain the same it sets up a win and your thru match for Arsenal @ Olympiakos.

Reaction Score
I'm able to watch the games today and here's an earth shattering observation.... Barcelona is really, really good. Up5-0 on Roma with 30 minutes left to play. Suarez and Messing each with a brace so far.
Also, things are going Arsenals way so far. Up 2-0 in 2nd half (should be more) and Bayern up 3-0 on Olympiakos. If things remain the same it sets up a win and your thru match for Arsenal @ Olympiakos.

I felt like Arsenal's was Glenn of the Walking Dead. Before today, was not sure if they were alive or dead. After today, the gunner are alive and, while not out of the woods yet, there is hope. Need to find the warm bodies and get the job done on the 9th v. Olympiacos, i.e. win by 2 goals or more.

As for Barcelona, Roma is a good team. Damn. Everyone is hoping not to draw them in the next round.

Reaction Score
United looked flat in their draw v Eindhoven. The fans let them know it as they were leaving the pitch too. Now they're in a pickle pretty much having to win at group leader Wolfsburg in a couple weeks (barring a huge upset of CSKA over Eindhoven).
City was outclassed by Juve, falling 1-0, but they've already advanced.
PSG handled their biz as expected.
Real almost blew a 4-0 lead, conceding 3 goals in the final 12 minutes, held on to win 4-3.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Simon Mignolet is a phenominal idiot, but Benteke was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom