Champions & Europa week 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Champions & Europa week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At least the Gunners were able to handily put away Galatasaray, though they did not catch Dortmund (deservedly so) for 1st place. I wonder who Arsenal will draw on the round of 16?

Now, if Arsenal could show-up during League play, I would really be happy.

Reaction Score
Arggh. The thing that always kills me about the CL is that the teams who get the weakest member early can always make a gentleman's agreement to tie the last game and thereby both advance to the 16.

Olympiakos beat Malmo 4-2 today, but despite victories against Atletico and Juventus earlier, they are out today. A Juventus tie sent them in, and Atletico just needed a tie to finish 1st. So Atletico never attacked, and Juventus stopped trying to score with 25 minutes left.

If the matches had been reversed, and if Juve and Olympiakos had played Malmo in the 4th and 5th weeks, then both Olympiakos and Juventus would have played today with the winner advancing. And Atletico may not have finished 1st if Juventus had tried harder to beat them in the 4th/5th week.

That sucks.

Reaction Score
At least the Gunners were able to handily put away Galatasaray, though they did not catch Dortmund (deservedly so) for 1st place. I wonder who Arsenal will draw on the round of 16?

Now, if Arsenal could show-up during League play, I would really be happy.
With their luck they'll draw Bayern for the third consecutive year in the first knockout round.
Dortmund is an intesting side. They just won their group in UCL, but are hovering in the relegatoin zone in the Bundesliga. They've won as many games in their UCL group (4 out of 6 matches) as they have in Bundesliga (4 out of 14).

Reaction Score
With their luck they'll draw Bayern for the third consecutive year in the first knockout round.
Dortmund is an intesting side. They just won their group in UCL, but are hovering in the relegatoin zone in the Bundesliga. They've won as many games in their UCL group (4 out of 6 matches) as they have in Bundesliga (4 out of 14).

Good news, Arsenal can't draw Chelsea in the next round. bad news, you are likely right, we'll get Bayren or even Real next round. Porto or Monaco would be the best two to take on. I would actually like the opportunity to take on PSG, just to wipe their arrogant, oil fueled grins off their faces.

Reaction Score
Good news, Arsenal can't draw Chelsea in the next round. bad news, you are likely right, we'll get Bayren or even Real next round. Porto or Monaco would be the best two to take on. I would actually like the opportunity to take on PSG, just to wipe their arrogant, oil fueled grins off their faces.

I can see Arsenal drawing Bayern. When they play, they will go up 2-0 in the first half and still lose 3-2 in perhaps the most Arsenal thing ever.

Reaction Score
I can see Arsenal drawing Bayern. When they play, they will go up 2-0 in the first half and still lose 3-2 in perhaps the most Arsenal thing ever.

Don't you mean that Arsenal will try to play conservative to start forgetting that they have no central defense and fall behind early 2 to 0 before catching-up behind Sanchez only to fall 3 to 2. Argh!!!

Oh, and Man City somehow managed to advance to the Round of 16. Double Argh!

Reaction Score
Don't you mean that Arsenal will try to play conservative to start forgetting that they have no central defense and fall behind early 2 to 0 before catching-up behind Sanchez only to fall 3 to 2. Argh!!!

Oh, and Man City somehow managed to advance to the Round of 16. Double Argh!

British tabloids have Wenger spending BIG money on a Dmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom