CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Pitt is in the lead it tells me the young man cares about academics first and foremost. At Pitt he knows the season will over weeks before final exams, leaving him plenty of time to study. He won't be distracted by games in April or pesky Sports Illustrated photo shoots or long days of repetitive "how does it feel to be a champion?" Interviews. And Pitt is a top flight publuc school.

Of course at Uconn he can play the entirety of March, win titles, appear on the cover of SI and still get a top-flight education. But i digress.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If Pitt is in the lead it tells me the young man cares about academics first and foremost. At Pitt he knows the season will over weeks before final exams, leaving him plenty of time to study. He won't be distracted by games in April or pesky Sports Illustrated photo shoots or long days of repetitive "how does it feel to be a champion?" Interviews. And Pitt is a top flight publuc school.

Of course at Uconn he can play the entirety of March, win titles, appear on the cover of SI and still get a top-flight education. But i digress.
Can I get a amen?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pitt's got a couple of smallish guards in for visits over the next couple of weeks - we'll see what happens there.

Reaction Score
Pitt's got a couple of smallish guards in for visits over the next couple of weeks - we'll see what happens there.

Where is "Pitt leads" coming from? I've read the zags link from 99 thirty-seven times, heck I even read the chap comment about 10 times, and I don't see reference to a leader there. Is this based on the Corey Evans crystal ball? Some tos commentary? What am I missing?

Reaction Score
I don't like the statement about being over recruited. We are the most likely school on that list where that could happen. Of course, if you play well enough that is less likely to happen.

It's coaching malpractice not to recruit over people. The best kids play, the kids who don't either work harder to get minutes or go someplace else. How many times has Ollie said he was recruited over every year he was at UConn? Cream rises.

Reaction Score
It's coaching malpractice not to recruit over people. The best kids play, the kids who don't either work harder to get minutes or go someplace else. How many times has Ollie said he was recruited over every year he was at UConn? Cream rises.
Right. It is interesting that they worry about that. Just play well enough that he can't take you off the floor.

Reaction Score
Here's my take, which could be wrong, but is my feel of the situation:
Either Powell commits here, or Diallo reclassifies to 2016.

We looked to be the favorite with Powell, and with Diallo reclassification rumors beginning to arise again, we seemed to have lost a bit of momentum. My better judgment is saying these things are not independent of each other.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Started around 15 years ago and has only gotten better and better, New England prep ball is the best in the country.
I graduated from a prep school, The Gunnery in 2001. (I know that's a long time ago for some of the younger BYers) It was and continues to be a not very good basketball school, however my senior year we had a few players go D1 (one guy I know went to LaSalle and transfer to St. Bonaventure).

Anyway - I was hoping someone who's been in the game can help me out here. When I played on the varsity team my senior year...('00-'01) there was a kid in our league, that was VERY VERY good. He was a guard, but he was very athletic and had great range. He single handedly torched us. It's been 15 yrs and I forget which school it was...but I was hoping someone could help me figure out who it was.

Thanks!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm guessing we'll be getting a visit now that KO has more time on his hands...

Reaction Score
Noticed this kid is taking an unofficial to his hometown seton hall...just hope we get a visit and are given a chance with this kid before like Durham he commits. Crystal ball picks which I know can change with the wind (Meyer and slater) both have him now as a seton hall pledge

Reaction Score
I honestly think now that consulting a Magic 8 ball is more fruitful than consulting the 247 crystal ball.

Reaction Score
I'd love to be a shooter on a team with Larrier, Enoch, Diarra, Durham, whomever is left and Gilbert/Adams that's for sure!
If I was playing D against you I would put you in the cheap seats every time

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kidding. With a good pump-fake I'll "float" right by. Bobby Knight would be impressed.

I don't go for the pump fake, I'm white and can't block shots so fundamentally I'm checking you at your gut because it can only go one way. If you shoot you will get a hand in your face, potentially literally LOL

Reaction Score
I don't go for the pump fake, I'm white and can't block shots so fundamentally I'm checking you at your gut because it can only go one way. If you shoot you will get a hand in your face, potentially literally LOL
I was suggested you should pump fake. I'll bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom