CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

CG Myles Powell (Seton Hall Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any updates from the brain trust? Is he waiting on Kegler or a potential diallo reclass decision? Or is he just waiting on his September visit to make it official?

I am sure I will take ssshhhiiittt for this but hearing pitt is very involved and we may not be in the driver seat anymore.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Just gotta crush it on his visit. Being around the team on a UConn visit this year really should blow Pitt out of the water. Just way more talent holding coaching aside, which we also have an advantage in. Pitt is a great area, but they're slumping as a basketball program.

Reaction Score
I am sure I will take ssshhhiiittt for this but hearing pitt is very involved and we may not be in the driver seat anymore.

I was surprised we were in the driver seat to begin with. Powell would definitely not be starting. The two starting guards will be Adams and Gilbert in 2016-17.

Reaction Score
I was surprised we were in the driver seat to begin with. Powell would definitely not be starting. The two starting guards will be Adams and Gilbert in 2016-17.

Kids just have to think outside the box. Come in and be confident your time will come, you're not a one and done and the fact you can shoot lights out gets you in the immediate picture at a successful program. Or go to one where you may or may not play more and assume that just making the dance assures that program of a successful campaign? Pretty easy to me but I'm not 17-18 and just a little biased.

Reaction Score
If he can shoot the ball as advertised, he will get plenty of playing time here.

I suspect that's not Powell's only concern. Given his size, he'll need to show he can run an offense for any sort of realistic shot at the NBA, and I don't think he'll get that chance with us, at least not regularly, and certainly not early.

Reaction Score
South Kent...that seems positive.

By the way, I haven't lived in Connecticut for over 10 years. When did all these CT prep schools start drawing major recruits? Was it always this way?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Started around 15 years ago and has only gotten better and better, New England prep ball is the best in the country.
It's interesting, it seems to me as though the NYC talent pipeline has cooled down over the last 5-10 years compared to where it was in the 80/90s and now the NE prep scene has taken its spot in producing pros recently.

Reaction Score
It's interesting, it seems to me as though the NYC talent pipeline has cooled down over the last 5-10 years compared to where it was in the 80/90s and now the NE prep scene has taken its spot in producing pros recently.
2017 class has some really good players from NYC though. Diallo, Bamba, Nick Richards, and Jordan Tucker, who is from White Plains but that's right near NYC

Reaction Score
Powell should consider he would garner a ton of minutes competing with Cassell for the 3rd guard slot . Frankly he isn't good enough to demand 28-30 mpg , uconn seems like an ideal situation given the dearth @ the combo guard position in 2016-2017. Off the bench our only option in the backcourt is Cassell that's not good at all

Reaction Score
The visits will tell the story for who eventually gets a commitment from Powell, but the process of narrowing things down included a lot of factors.

“I looked at things like where can I contribute, which places are best for me, will I be over recruited, and just all of the little things that will help me figure out where I want to go and what will be best for my basketball career,” explained Powell.

The plan for Powell is to make all of his official visits before issuing a college commitment.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1579587-five-schools-remain-for-powell

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He does have a game that I somewhat associate with Pitt Basketball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In what way? I never thought of Pitt as a place for shooters.

They did just lose 6'1" sniper Josh Newkirk (who shot for 43.4% behind the arc as a freshman) a couple of weeks ago, so that's why they might be pushing harder here now.

Reaction Score
I don't like the statement about being over recruited. We are the most likely school on that list where that could happen. Of course, if you play well enough that is less likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom