CD on Manners and Ethics (What a lady, what a coach!) | The Boneyard

CD on Manners and Ethics (What a lady, what a coach!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Mike DiMauro's article today listed in Nan’s news post:

"You want people to do the right thing and everybody makes mistakes," CD said. "I can't speak for everyone and everyone has a sense for what they feel is right. There are lots of different ways to do it. I don't want to seem like this is the only way. But it's our way."

CD_3.jpg

"Geno and I have always been on the same page with this. It's like parenting. Parents I hear all the time say you have to pick your battles. I believe you do. I feel like we established our standard. Once we established that, encouraged it and the kids understood it and bought in, then we were able to loosen the reins. My background is in teaching. I learned you start strict and let students understand and respond. Once they do, you can give them more responsibility. But you can't start out soft and think you can come back and be demanding."

"We went to eat (Friday) night at Michael Jordan's," Dailey said. "The waitress said to us 'I want to let you know how polite the girls are.' She said they had a team in here the night before and one of them was snapping her fingers at me. I hope a coach didn't see it and allowed it."

[LINK] to article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a hazy recollection some years ago of a restaurant incident involving the team - may have been a preseason trip to Europe. Kids did not respond well to the food and Geno did not let them get away with it. Details are gone. Anyone have a better recall?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I have a hazy recollection some years ago of a restaurant incident involving the team - may have been a preseason trip to Europe. Kids did not respond well to the food and Geno did not let them get away with it. Details are gone. Anyone have a better recall?

I remember the incident but like you the details are fuzzy - a restaurant or family meal in Italy?

Dailey - "My parents raised me to do the right thing . . . " Too bad so many of these kids don't have parents to show them the way.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that story is in 'Geno", his autobiography, written with Jackie MacMullen (sp?).

Reaction Score
even the sometimes brash DT remembers the constant mothering of CD fondly, but you really feel her dread as she recalls her time at UConn

Reaction Score
And this I why the best thing that happen to Geno and UConn is that CD accepted being Geno assistant and didn't leave when she had the chance. Both of them is what makes UConn WBB what It is!

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, I think it was in Italy and they had to apologize to the chef.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was in Tony's in St. Louis (a longtime 5-star, more recently a 4-star restaurant) about 2 weeks after Maya, Tina, Renee, et al. won the national championship there. Knowing that Geno has excellent taste in food and wine, especially Italian food, I asked the Maitre d' if, by chance, the Huskies had dined there when they were in town. In fact, they had. He raved about how lovely and well-mannered everyone had been.

BTW, I strongly recommend Tony's. The food is superb, and the service is second to none. The prices are very reasonable for what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom