CD gets chills... | The Boneyard

CD gets chills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last night on the Geno Show, CD talked about playing at Gampel, and when she described the first game in'95 vs. Tennesee, she said they will never experience anything like that again. I TOTALLY agree. That remains my best UCONN memory ever (among so many!). Cheering until the team came back out, well it doesn't get any better.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Approaching the twentieth anniversary!!! 20 years! Where does the time go?

Do you think they have anything planned to celebrate? Bring that team back!

Reaction Score
I would like to watch that game. Anyone know if it's on line somewhere. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Last night on the Geno Show, CD talked about playing at Gampel, and when she described the first game in'95 vs. Tennesee, she said they will never experience anything like that again. I TOTALLY agree. That remains my best UCONN memory ever (among so many!). Cheering until the team came back out, well it doesn't get any better.
For a regular season game it was incredible. I took a vacation half-day to watch it. Really, really loud.

Reaction Score
I would like to watch that game. Anyone know if it's on line somewhere. Thanks.

This is a 23 minute part 1. When you watch this you'll see part 2 available, too. Be patient, first part is quarters and semis.
It's a compilation of the 1995 NCAA tournament game highlights, leading up to the UConn-UT final.
Baby faced Lobo, Nykesha,Wolters, Rizzotti, Jamelle et al. And a hunky, pre-pubescent looking Geno- WOW! A total fun blast from the past !! Sure to make CD all goose bumpy !! And the interview with Geno is priceless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Awesome video! So great to watch the names and legends I've only read about!

Reaction Score
That was great. Think of all the names in that video and where they are now: Becca, Kara, Jen, Jamelle, and others I'm forgetting.

Reaction Score
And I'm willing to bet that many of those crazy insane UConn fans they show in the stands are current (and significantly grayer) BYers.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This is a 23 minute part 1. When you watch this you'll see part 2 available, too. Be patient, first part is quarters and semis.
It's a compilation of the 1995 NCAA tournament game highlights, leading up to the UConn-UT final.
Baby faced Lobo, Nykesha,Wolters, Rizzotti, Jamelle et al. And a hunky, pre-pubescent looking Geno- WOW! A total fun blast from the past !! Sure to make CD all goose bumpy !! And the interview with Geno is priceless.

I've seen this but I would love to see the regular season one!

Reaction Score
Approaching the twentieth anniversary!!! 20 years! Where does the time go?

Do you think they have anything planned to celebrate? Bring that team back!

Amazing with all the dumb and endless 30 for 30's and documentaries ESPN puts out, that they wouldn't do one on that 1995 team. I was at the Tennessee game in 1995 at Gampel and it was thrilling to experience and you knew instantly it was the birth of something special. It turns out it was the birth of a modern day dynasty.

The year all but gave birth to the WNBA and catapulted women's basketball into the mainstream. It was a big deal. The team won the Team of the Year award at the ESPY's held the following year in 1996 because it was that big a deal. The parade in Hartford drew over 100,000 fans. Lobo was on Letterman and Rosie O.

Unfortunately football has so hijacked sports and ESPN that all other accomplishments get ignored. They will do huge specials on SMU and Miami cheating football scandals but zilch on women's hoop But I think that entire year, the birth of Pat vs Geno, UConn vs Tenn, and the aftermath of it for the sport is worth a retrospective. I won't hold my breath.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Amazing with all the dumb and endless 30 for 30's and documentaries ESPN puts out, that they wouldn't do one on that 1995 team. I was at the Tennessee game in 1995 at Gampel and it was thrilling to experience and you knew instantly it was the birth of something special. It turns out it was the birth of a modern day dynasty.

The year all but gave birth to the WNBA and catapulted women's basketball into the mainstream. It was a big deal. The team won the Team of the Year award at the ESPY's held the following year in 1996 because it was that big a deal. The parade in Hartford drew over 100,000 fans. Lobo was on Letterman and Rosie O.

Unfortunately football has so hijacked sports and ESPN that all other accomplishments get ignored. They will do huge specials on SMU and Miami cheating football scandals but zilch on women's hoop But I think that entire year, the birth of Pat vs Geno, UConn vs Tenn, and the aftermath of it for the sport is worth a retrospective. I won't hold my breath.
Well, I agree they should do something on that team or that year, but I think the 30 For 30 series has been way more than football. They've done some amazing pieces on more obscure sports/teams/figures/events and the IX For IX series has been great as well. They've profiled Pat Summitt and Sheryl Swoopes, among others. ESPN has done great things for women's basketball. You can watch a WCBB game almost every weekend as well as the entire tournament, which is more than you can say for other women's sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom