CBSSN coverage of today's game | The Boneyard

CBSSN coverage of today's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really annoyed there was no post game coverage or interviews. Seems women's game was after-thought. Post game was all about men's basketball. So why does CBSSN want to televise women's game if they do not want devote the air time to women's basketball?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Spot on! The announcers were lightly prepared, so they began talking about everything EXCEPT the game well before halftime. Inevitable (I guess) was the "Who can beat the Huskies? Oh yeah, Notre Dame can" shtick. At least they waited until the second half. While the commentators were not hostile toward UC ( just MHO), their comments were repetitive and superficial. The analyst was annoying.

Reaction Score
Makes a UConn fan appreciate the days of CPTV. Those fundraising timeouts don't seem nearly as painful now that we are exposed to some of the pathetic announcing crews out there.

Reaction Score
They were pro-UConn so I guess that was OK. Keep in mind CBS was doing an overdrive thing where they had 4 games back to back. That's quite a challenge to get it all in.

Reaction Score
I hate when CBSSN does the games because my cable provider doesn't carry them. Rats.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bria and Stef interview

Oh my. At about 1:25 or so in the background you can hear Geno introducing? or saying something about "Mike DiMauro, who doesn't think we are gonna win a National Championship" followed by a bunch of booing. Anyone at the game have any info on this??

Reaction Score
Oh my. At about 1:25 or so in the background you can hear Geno introducing? or saying something about "Mike DiMauro, who doesn't think we are gonna win a National Championship" followed by a bunch of booing. Anyone at the game have any info on this??

I noticed that also.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I understand the unhappiness over losing local coverage by the PBS affiliate. But with the games moving to SNY, the Huskies get a national exposure via Direct TV, among others. Direct also has CBSSN, which when added to the ESPN mafia gives UConn a media footprint that even Muffet's kids can't match.

Reaction Score
It was nice to see Viani though. I really liked watching her in the NCAA tournament, and I was a little surprised she never got a look at by a WNBA team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I especially loved when they were talking about Tyler Scaife pre-game and showed highlights of Erica Wheeler(who graduated last year). :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Makes a UConn fan appreciate the days of CPTV. Those fundraising timeouts don't seem nearly as painful now that we are exposed to some of the pathetic announcing crews out there.
I disagree

Reaction Score
For every 'Yes' their is a 'No'. I'm not a great fan of CBS, their announcers may be questionable, but their primary & secondary TV exposure they bring the team, is priceless !

Reaction Score
I hate when CBSSN does the games because my cable provider doesn't carry them. Rats.

I have the same problem with ESPNU and ESPN3 which my cable provider doesn't carry.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I have the same problem with ESPNU and ESPN3 which my cable provider doesn't carry.

Con...both Cox and Comcast carry ESPNU...do you have a different provider?

Reaction Score
Wait, the announcing crew we have now is the same as it was during CPTV. Even when CPTV had most of the UConn games, national networks like CBSSN and ESPN still had some of the games. I really don't get the pining for the old days as things really haven't changed much coverage wise.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry - but did you actually watch all the games when CPTV was the Uconn network - they, like SNY, only get the games that other networks don't take so watching a game on CBSSN or ESPN was standard fare for the last 10 years. What has thankfully changed is that more networks want to telecast more women's college basketball so the number of games being claimed has increased - you have to go back to 1990s for the 'good old days' when only CPTV covered Uconn games and even then ESPN claimed the TN/Uconn game.
I will take SNY quality over CPTV fund raising.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get ESPNU on Optimum channel 144.

I went to channel 144 and it said ESPNUH. Is that the same as ESPNU? That would be great if it is. Thanks Jim!

Reaction Score
Yes, Optimum!

You should also be able to get ESPN3 with Optimum as well. They will prompt you to put in Optimum log-in info. A few years ago it was only available on college campuses, but now it depends on your cable provider.

I have Optimum and have had no problems watching the games for the past couple years. Good luck!

Reaction Score
You should also be able to get ESPN3 with Optimum as well. They will prompt you to put in Optimum log-in info. A few years ago it was only available on college campuses, but now it depends on your cable provider.

I have Optimum and have had no problems watching the games for the past couple years. Good luck!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32