CB Tevrin Brandon Dismissed from Team per Dez | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CB Tevrin Brandon Dismissed from Team per Dez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it really a felony to sucker punch someone? I see videos of people getting knocked out all the time.

How would you feel if it happened to you? You had broken bones in your face, got knocked out and required surgery?

Reaction Score
Is it really a felony to sucker punch someone? I see videos of people getting knocked out all the time.

53a-60. Assault in the second degree: Class D felony. (a) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when: (1) With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or (2) with intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument other than by means of the discharge of a firearm; or (3) he recklessly causes serious physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or (4) for a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness or other physical impairment or injury to another person by administering to such person, without his consent, a drug, substance or preparation capable of producing the same; or (5) he is a parolee from a correctional institution and with intent to cause physical injury to an employee or member of the Board of Pardons and Paroles, he causes physical injury to such employee or member.

Reaction Score
Can't believe you had to ask that. I hope your joking. A strong, athletic football player sucker punching someone could kill or seriously injure a person. Brandon is lucky he is just getting kicked off the team.

Wasn't there an incident a couple years back at UConn where a student from the injuries of a single punch?

Reaction Score
53a-60. Assault in the second degree: Class D felony. (a) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when: (1) With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or (2) with intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument other than by means of the discharge of a firearm; or (3) he recklessly causes serious physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or (4) for a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness or other physical impairment or injury to another person by administering to such person, without his consent, a drug, substance or preparation capable of producing the same; or (5) he is a parolee from a correctional institution and with intent to cause physical injury to an employee or member of the Board of Pardons and Paroles, he causes physical injury to such employee or member.
I'll bet it gets knocked down to an assault 3d, which is not a felony. That's the usual charge for punching. Plus, how do they prove intent to cause serious physical injury? Assault 3. Still, it's on your record.

Reaction Score
I'll bet it gets knocked down to an assault 3d, which is not a felony. That's the usual charge for punching. Plus, how do they prove intent to cause serious physical injury? Assault 3. Still, it's on your record.

Assuming he has no record, I can see that. If he is very lucky, they might grant him Accelerated Rehabilitation which will result in a dismissal after a year.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wasn't there an incident a couple years back at UConn where a student from the injuries of a single punch?

Yes. It ended Spring Weekend.

Reaction Score
Can't believe you had to ask that. I hope your joking. A strong, athletic football player sucker punching someone could kill or seriously injure a person. Brandon is lucky he is just getting kicked off the team.

Tevrin wasn't just thrown off the team...he was kicked out of school for this. This was a University issue not a football issue. The fact he was kicked out of school resulted in his being kicked off the football team.

Reaction Score
Yes. It ended Spring Weekend.

Maybe I'm getting old at 36, but I'm shocked at how trivial people think it is that a "sucker" punch is no big deal, "happens" at parties all the time etc. I had my share of fist fights growing up and am thankful neither I or the person I was fighting ended up with serious long lasting injuries. A single punch, especially when delivered to an unsuspecting person can be deadly, at least in a fight you're prepared for the incoming and have a fighting "chance". I sure hope this one act doesn't end up costing TB later in life, but I hope he learns a lesson and certainly don't feel bad for him in the least.

Reaction Score
Also a number present and past uconn players have tweeted things such as uconn cops smh or police are etc. who knows the real story
Everyone who gets in trouble or has a party broken up refers to cops as "balloon knots".

Reaction Score
Everyone who gets in trouble or has a party broken up refers to cops as "balloon knots".

Turns out I was wrong. Harris only got a parking ticket and wasn't referring to the incident. But David Stevenson did post something about police being s. Hoping being just a freshman he wasn't there. Sounds like someone is these kids really walk the line and try to push the envelope.

Reaction Score
Turns out I was wrong. Harris only got a parking ticket and wasn't referring to the incident. But David Stevenson did post something about police being s. Hoping being just a freshman he wasn't there. Sounds like someone is these kids really walk the line and try to push the envelope.
Don't get me wrong, I've called cops a few choice names to their face when they came to our house to break up parties, but yeah just because some guys say cops are jerks doesn't mean there might be more than what we all have heard, not that you're implying that any longer.

Reaction Score
The sad thing is, based on pasqualoni's comments, he would have kept him on the team. If an offense is serious enough to warrant expulsion, you would think that getting kicked off atge team would come first. It should give one pause when the academic side's view of the offense is different than the athletic side.

Playing scholarship football is a privilege. Hopefully Pasqualoni adjusts his thinking to accord with that premise.

Reaction Score
Then again, you might want to let a few facts surface before hanging the kid in the public square. Do you really think you know more about the kid or the issue then a guy knee deep in the program? I realize a blog allows anyone to say anything, facts aside, but let's hope PP does not adjust his thinking to align with the rush-to-judgment crowd, but takes a broader view of a kid's body of work and any transgressions he may (not) have before altering his life.

Reaction Score
In the cinema classic "Road House" Dalton the bouncer is asked if he has ever won a fight.

His answer, "Nobody ever wins a fight."

Reaction Score
Considering the University of Connecticut saw fit to expel him means that there was a judgment, yes. I'll defer to UConn's disciplinary committee as to whether it was rushed. The fact is Pasqualoni is lamenting that he would still be playing football if it was up to him. It, however, should be harder to be kicked out of school than off of a football team.

Reaction Score
Considering the University of Connecticut saw fit to expel him means that there was a judgment, yes. I'll defer to UConn's disciplinary committee as to whether it was rushed. The fact is Pasqualoni is lamenting that he would still be playing football if it was up to him. It, however, should be harder to be kicked out of school than off of a football team.

While I have no comment on the instant situation, because we have little idea what actually happened, as a general matter this post has to be right.

Reaction Score
Has P said if it were up to him he'd still be on the team? I don't think that's the case at all.

P made reference to Brandon not ever being in any kind of trouble whatsoever. Never was late to a team breakfast. Because of that, he didn't rush to judgement.

I don't see that as P stating he never would've kicked him off the team eventually. I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
“My policy is that I was doing a lot of my own research into the thing, the whole big picture of what happened, OK? If this was a guy that had been on numerous lists – I have a lot of lists: breakfast is mandatory, class is mandatory, tutors are mandatory, study hall is mandatory, behavior, meetings, etc., I have a lot of checks and balances, a lot of accounting - when I go back on something like this and the guy is not on one list in a year then I look a little bit deeper into it. I have a tendency to want to figure it all out. Now, if a guy is on a list five times it’s (Pasqualoni makes the wash your hands with it motion)…I’m done. When something happens for the first time you try to be fair. You try to take things into consideration.

“We were still working through all the details of it. We were still getting reports. I hadn’t had all the reports and I told him I was going to allow him to stay in the program until I had my final report; my final piece of research done and/or the university had their final piece of work done."

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...lks-about-the-dismissal-of-cb-tevrin-brandon/

Reaction Score
Can you please tell me where in this:

“My policy is that I was doing a lot of my own research into the thing, the whole big picture of what happened, OK? If this was a guy that had been on numerous lists – I have a lot of lists: breakfast is mandatory, class is mandatory, tutors are mandatory, study hall is mandatory, behavior, meetings, etc., I have a lot of checks and balances, a lot of accounting - when I go back on something like this and the guy is not on one list in a year then I look a little bit deeper into it. I have a tendency to want to figure it all out. Now, if a guy is on a list five times it’s (Pasqualoni makes the wash your hands with it motion)…I’m done. When something happens for the first time you try to be fair. You try to take things into consideration.

“We were still working through all the details of it. We were still getting reports. I hadn’t had all the reports and I told him I was going to allow him to stay in the program until I had my final report; my final piece of research done and/or the university had their final piece of work done."

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...lks-about-the-dismissal-of-cb-tevrin-brandon/

You got this?:

Reaction Score
Please don't interrupt his train of thought - he has an answer, he just needs a few facts to make it work.

Reaction Score
Then again, you might want to let a few facts surface before hanging the kid in the public square. Do you really think you know more about the kid or the issue then a guy knee deep in the program? I realize a blog allows anyone to say anything, facts aside, but let's hope PP does not adjust his thinking to align with the rush-to-judgment crowd, but takes a broader view of a kid's body of work and any transgressions he may (not) have before altering his life.

Innocent until proven guilty, no doubt. But after Tevrin was arrested, he should have been suspended by Coach P, while he gathered facts. The "reports" that the team should have been seeking were the police report or warrant (not sure if it was an on site arrest or a warrant). These can easily be obtained.

Reaction Score
"Pasqualoni felt Brandon’s history afforded him a second chance."

http://jiblogs.com/jsilvers_uconn_f...24/first-day-in-pads-and-a-bit-of-car-advice/

Apparently those who listened to what Pasqualoni stated, and were paid to report on it must have went to the same reading comprehension school. Read his words. Sorry if the facts don't fit your narrative.

The story remains the same. It should be harder to remain on a football team than to remain in school. I'm sure Pasqualoni will adjust to this. This was a wakeup call from the admin. Perhsps he was unaware of the fallout from the spring break suckerpunch. I guarantee that he is not now.

Reaction Score
Suckerpunched a kid at the door of a party, huh? Too bad he didn't hit the guys with helmets and shoulder pads across the LOS with such aggressiveness. How come they become such "tough guys" off the field? Don't remember him for big hits over the past two years.

Reaction Score
"Pasqualoni felt Brandon’s history afforded him a second chance."

http://jiblogs.com/jsilvers_uconn_f...24/first-day-in-pads-and-a-bit-of-car-advice/

Apparently those who listened to what Pasqualoni stated, and were paid to report on it must have went to the same reading comprehension school. Read his words. Sorry if the facts don't fit your narrative.

The story remains the same. It should be harder to remain on a football team than to remain in school. I'm sure Pasqualoni will adjust to this. This was a wakeup call from the admin. Perhsps he was unaware of the fallout from the spring break suckerpunch. I guarantee that he is not now.

Way to be selective. The link omits probably the most important part of the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom