Castle’s D | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle’s D

Reaction Score
Pause Pausing GIF by The Roku Channel

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance <deep breath>

I think I’m now ready to put Castle in the same category as Ricky Moore when it comes to one in one D. His lockup job on Boo Bui was just otherworldly and I feel so lucky to have this guy on our side.

**admittedly I was a drunk college kid while RM was doing this thing, but I’ve watched the Duke game several times
He’s our Stacy augmon. But stronger.

Reaction Score
Also that pg from FLorida that was dumping his pants trying to bring the ball up against Bouknight.
You mean Boat, correct? That was SEC POY Scottie Wilbeken (sp?) and Boatright had him picking the ball up in the backcourt like the 3rd graders I coach when the other team can press.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You mean Boat, correct? That was SEC POY Scottie Wilbeken (sp?) and Boatright had him picking the ball up in the backcourt like the 3rd graders I coach when the other team can press.
It was Wilbekin. Poor guy wanted nothing to do with the ball midway through the first half forward.

Reaction Score
Castle along with Clingan is prone to be in foul trouble because of the aggressive tight D he is playing. There is no way around that but I am concerned about him being taken off the floor if the refs calls go against him. So far Clingan has not had a problem and I am happy about that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Castle along with Clingan is prone to be in foul trouble because of the aggressive tight D he is playing. There is no way around that but I am concerned about him being taken off the floor if the refs calls go against him. So far Clingan has not had a problem and I am happy about that.

Diarra isn't chopped liver on the defensive end. It is very unique we have a stopper as a backup to a stopper. Hass is a dawg. Foul trouble is much more of a concern at the 5 spot. Johnson gives us some unique stuff with the hedging ability but he isn't a great post defender and that is being generous.

Reaction Score
Hahah yes. Boat

Reaction Score
Diarra isn't chopped liver on the defensive end. It is very unique we have a stopper as a backup to a stopper. Hass is a dawg. Foul trouble is much more of a concern at the 5 spot. Johnson gives us some unique stuff with the hedging ability but he isn't a great post defender and that is being generous.
Diarra is a beast!

Reaction Score
Yes! Diarra is so easy to forget about, almost an afterthought until he comes in steals the ball ( amazingly quick hands) , finishes, or nails a critical 3. As great as he was last year his game has improved this year.

Reaction Score
Seriously, I know SD Sts focus is more Ledee than guards but I don’t think our insane guard defenders get enough talk. The fact that diarra comes in off the bench like a monster and focuses full energy to disrupting you on defense after castle has already often terrified you is how we dominate. No breaks, we just keep coming and the looks are different so you can’t get comfortable

Reaction Score
Yes! Diarra is so easy to forget about, almost an afterthought until he comes in steals the ball ( amazingly quick hands) , finishes, or nails a critical 3. As great as he was last year his game has improved this year.
Diarra isn't just good at d, he's an annoyance, which is a great yang to Castle's yin. He's constantly poking and harassing etc. Kind of guy you hate to watch play against UConn.

The fun thing with this team is that there are so many of those "you hate to play against" kind of guys. I remember running into dudes like Karaban on other teams who always made the right play etc. and you'd just shake your head and wish they were on your side. Now there are three or four of them in the lineup. Crazy

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Seriously, I know SD Sts focus is more Ledee than guards but I don’t think our insane guard defenders get enough talk. The fact that diarra comes in off the bench like a monster and focuses full energy to disrupting you on defense after castle has already often terrified you is how we dominate. No breaks, we just keep coming and the looks are different so you can’t get comfortable

Yes, I really like our whole defensive approach on the guard front.
And it is not like other guys don't present their own problems to the opponent. Spencer isn't a great one on one defender in isolation, he can be had, but he is fantastic within team defense principles and has great instinct and great hands thus ends up being very disruptive. He sees plays while they're still developing.
Newton because of his size presents a challenge for smaller guards and Tristen is actually even a plus defender at times where he wants to be. And he wants to be right now.

Reaction Score
Technically we went 2-22 from 3 because a walk on hit that late 3. That’s 9%. Last 2 years I don’t remember a game like that. Unlikely SD can do that to us.

Reaction Score
I don't think Diarra is far behind. He's just not 6'6" like Castle. The didn't skip a beat when Diarra was on Bouie

Reaction Score
Technically we went 2-22 from 3 because a walk on hit that late 3. That’s 9%. Last 2 years I don’t remember a game like that. Unlikely SD can do that to us.
And that's a helluva testament to the offense overall that they could win a tournament game against a quality opponent by double digits despite hitting just 9% from three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom